TB: Default sort order

Pete

Apr 2, 2005, 7:21:20 PM4/2/05
Hi there,
Just downloaded Thunderbird, looks very nice - one or two more MS apps
in the bin, i'd say!!

I'm mainly using it for News reading right now, and was wondering if:
1) you can set the default sort order? If I click on a column, it seems
to reset the view, automatically unthreads all messages which forces me
to go back into View->Sort By. An annoyance more than anything...

2) Set a newsgroup to "read" as you leave it (I know this is an OE
thing, but it helps me to clear out the newsgroup so the next time I
return, I can go straight to the new messages)

Many thanks,
Pete

Pete

Apr 2, 2005, 7:37:06 PM4/2/05
Ooops, just one more thing please.

Is there a way to show the full name of the newsgroups in the left hand
folder window? I subscribe to a few groups but the default abbreviation
method used by TB doesn't make it easy to find the group I need.

Cheers,
Pete

Peng

Apr 3, 2005, 6:08:08 PM4/3/05

For that one, install the AboutConfig extension from
<http://xrl.us/fnhr>, go to Tools -> about:config, type "abb" in the
box, and double-click mail.server.default.abbreviate to set it to false. :-)

Pete

Apr 7, 2005, 6:14:21 AM4/7/05
Thanks Peng, that's excellent and works a treat. Cheers, Pete