Start-snippets update.

Mad Maks

Nov 25, 2005, 6:20:40 AM11/25/05
The (en)start-snippets [1] are updated in preparation of the next
Firefox release. Update you locale start-snippets [2] and send them to
the MLP-staff [3]. Please take in mind that the update by google takes a
while.

Greetings,

MM
MLP-staff

[1] http://www.mozilla.org/start-snippets/en/
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/start-snippets/
[3] mlp-...@mozilla.org

Channy Yun

Nov 27, 2005, 8:01:22 AM11/27/05
Although these pages are hosted by Google, why don't they observe web standard?
Web standard is one of Firefox's good images for users. Instead of table layout,
we must use XTHML/CSS layout. (Also there is no doctype declaration
in start page.)
Let's push Google.

Channy

Axel Hecht

Nov 27, 2005, 9:27:43 AM11/27/05
Channy Yun wrote:
> Although these pages are hosted by Google, why don't they observe web standard?
> Web standard is one of Firefox's good images for users. Instead of table layout,
> we must use XTHML/CSS layout. (Also there is no doctype declaration
> in start page.)
> Let's push Google.

Pushing google is a tedious task. As is web-design.

I personally don't know which criteria google has for their web pages,
but I assume that total size and visual appearance play a bigger role
than standards compatibility and mark-up beauty. Looking at the source,
they don't spend bandwidth on whitespace, why should they do so for
doctype headers ;-)

Anyway, I won't bother too much.

Axel