Native js networking

Suzette Troche-Stapp

Jan 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/9/00

Tate Stuntz wrote:

> What I'd like to have is some js object, let's call it a jocket, which would
> allow me to get some 'thing' from my web server and/or put some 'thing' back
> up on my web server without messing up my GUI.

You can do this already with hidden frames (IE)or divs (in NS), also, in IE5 you
can use an XML data island for this purpose, either defined in HTML, or created
in script via 'new ActiveXObject('Microsoft.XMLDOM)'. M$ also has an
XMLHttpRequest object that, I believe, will allow posting of XML back to the
server. If your data is small enough, you could UUencode it, then post it back by
appending it to the querystring of a hidden frame you were navigating...

Cheers,

Henry Stapp
hst...@youbet.com