How to get Bugzilla?

1 view

Steven Vicent

Apr 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/15/98

I like bugzilla! Its cool! If I wanted to use it for my own (non-Mozilla)
project, how can I go about getting a copy?

Terry Weissman

Apr 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/15/98

Steven Vicent wrote:

> I like bugzilla! Its cool!

We thank you! And it's not even done yet.

> If I wanted to use it for my own (non-Mozilla)
> project, how can I go about getting a copy?

Yikes.

Well, first we'd have to convince the folks here at Netscape who wrote it (not
me) that this is something they want to do. That might to be doable, but it
hasn't been attempted yet. It's always possible that someone at Netscape has
plans to make money off of selling that code. (Netscape does still need to
make money off of software!)

Second, you need to be aware that it is built on top of the Kiva application
server stuff, and on top of a database (I think it's an Oracle database).
Neither of these things are free.

If you still really want us to free it up, I guess this is the place to raise a
fuss. But I suspect most of you would rather we concentrate on other things,
rather than doing the work (and it *is* work) to "free" Bugzilla.

- Terry