How to share over Internet?

Fredrik

Sep 1, 2009, 7:00:59 AM9/1/09
to NetPhotos
There is no information available on the requirements how to share and/
or find the iPhoto share over Internet?

Is it required to enable port forward? If so, what port needs to be
forwarded?

jakeri

Sep 1, 2009, 1:45:36 PM9/1/09
to NetPhotos
There are some information on the information page (i upper right
corner).

iPhoto listen on port 8770. You have to port forward this port through
your firewall to your machine running iPhoto.
In NetPhotos click "add server", add appropriate name, host (format
home.server.se[:<port>]) and password. It will use default port 8770
if excluded.

There are unfortunately no other way at moment. My goal was to make an
implementation that do not require any extensions or external software
to iPhoto.

BR,
Jakob

Andbe72

Sep 2, 2009, 6:49:05 AM9/2/09
to NetPhotos
Sorry to trouble you, I think this seems to be a great app!
Although, I am a beginner in connecting to servers etc... so, how will
I find my host adress (on format "home.server.se") and how do I
portforward port 8770?? I have a MacbookPro, running MacOSX 10.6. I
use a Time Capsule as router. Can you give an example?
I managed to make the changes in iPhoto (latest version).
I move my laptop from home sometimes (and uses my works ethernet
then...). Must I make a different connection each time I move my
laptop? Say, if I use my iPhone as a modem out in the "jungle"... can
I still connect to my iPhoto library via Netphotos app in my iPhone?
(OK, I might just aswell check the photos on my laptop of course, but
I only wonder if it is mandatory to make (3) variants? (Ie "home",
"work" and "elsewhere" ??)).
Best regards,
Andbe72

Andbe72

Sep 2, 2009, 7:00:32 AM9/2/09
to NetPhotos
Its working! I used my IP-adress to my work and everything works ok,
after I launched iPhoto! If iPhoto is not running, I cannot connect
remotely. Does iPhoto therefore always need to be active on my laptop?

Jakob Ericsson

Sep 2, 2009, 9:00:20 AM9/2/09
to netp...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear!

Yes, iPhoto must be running. The server part is running inside iPhoto.

--
Jakob Ericsson
+46 704 533 627