How to make a return to top link?

1 view

Zeus

Sep 15, 2003, 11:21:32 AM9/15/03

Hi Guys

I have a long portfolio page and was wondering how to make a return to top
link on the bottm of page.
Thanks.

http://graphicsaustralia.com.au

Rick Fusion Technical Support

Sep 15, 2003, 12:00:05 PM9/15/03
Dear Customer
An anchor marks a specific location on a page. Anchors let site
visitors go directly to a particular part of a long page instead of
scrolling and searching for information. You can place an anchor
anywhere in a text box or table, or on a picture or drawn shape. You
link to an anchor using the Link dialog. When a site visitor clicks the
link, the browser displays the page containing the anchor, beginning at
the location of the anchor.

When an anchor link is in a MasterBorder or AutoFrame, use the Current
page option in the Link dialog to ensure that the link always points to
an anchor on the current page. If you want an anchor link to always lead
to a specific page, select the page name instead of the Current page
option when you link to the anchor.
For example, suppose your Layout contains a very long text box. You
place anchors at the top and bottom of the text box, and in the
MasterBorder, you link the words To Top to the top anchor and the words
To Bottom to the bottom anchor. In the Link dialog, instead of choosing
the current page name in the Page name section, you choose the Current
page option. If you copy that text box to another page with the same
MasterBorder and replace its content, the To Top and To Bottom links
still work, jumping to locations on the current page instead of the page
where you made the links.

To add an anchor:

1 In Page view, select an image or drawn shape or double-click to place
the insertion point within a line of text.

If you place the insertion point within the text without selecting any
text, the anchor is placed at the location of the insertion point. If
you select text, the anchor is placed at the beginning of the selected text.

2 On the Standard toolbar, click the Anchor tool.

The Add Anchor dialog appears listing anchors already on the page.

3 Type a name for the anchor in the Name field. The name cannot contain
spaces. Make sure each anchor has a different name.

4 Click OK.

If Object Icons is checked on the View menu, the Anchor indicator
appears at the anchor location on the page.
To edit the anchor, select the anchored text or object, click the Anchor
button on the Properties palette, and change its name in the Change
Anchor dialog. To delete the anchor, click the Anchor icon and click
Remove in the Change Anchor dialog. If you are working with a text
object, you can click the anchor icon to display the Change Anchor dialog.

Internal links link to pages or anchors within a site. If you move a
linked page in the SiteStructure or change the page’s name, NetObjects
Fusion automatically updates all associated links. Assets view lists the
internal links in your site.

Using an anchor, you can link to a specific page or to a specific
location on the current page.

To create an internal link:

1 In Page view, select an object or text to link.

If you place an insertion point in text without selecting text, the link
name is inserted in the text.

2 Click the Link tool on the Standard toolbar or the Link button on the
object’s Properties palette.

The Link dialog appears.

3 Select Internal Link as the link type.

- If you are linking to a page, select the page in the SiteStructure.

- If you are linking to an anchor on a specific page, select the page in
the SiteStructure and then select the anchor from the list on the right.

4 To set a link target, see Setting Link Targets.

You may not need to select a frame target. NetObjects Fusion
automatically targets most internal links. If you select <none>,
NetObjects Fusion uses the default target, which depends on the current
frame setup.

The destination page for the link appears only in the frame you select.

5 Click Link.

NetObjects Fusion creates the link. When a site visitor clicks the
linked item, the browser displays the destination page or the selected
anchor.
Should you have any future questions or concerns please feel free to
contact support
Thank you
Rick

Netobjects Customer Support
Monday - Friday, 8am to 8pm
sup...@netobjects.com

Zeus

Sep 15, 2003, 12:14:32 PM9/15/03
WOW
thats very good info
Thankyou

"Rick Fusion Technical Support" <wsp_...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Rick Fusion Technical Support

Sep 15, 2003, 1:29:19 PM9/15/03
Dear Zeus
Glad I could be of assistance

Tim Barker

Sep 15, 2003, 3:10:55 PM9/15/03
I sometimes use a single loooong vertical arrow pointin (not surprisingly)
up and extend it the page length and link that to the top via an anchor.

Very nice site, btw.. Like the use of actions, I thought I was the only
person using them .. LOL

Cheers,

Tim

"Zeus" <nos...@noporn.com> wrote in message

Zeus

Sep 17, 2003, 5:11:44 AM9/17/03
WOW

Your the second person who has complained about that.
Even the font of title is wrong.
Very weird.

"Ali Lister" <a...@jazztech.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi Zeus
>
> I use IE6 and Win XP Pro SP1. The title graphic on your first page
obscures
> the text line underneath. Please see attached.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Ali

Zeus

Sep 17, 2003, 12:02:52 PM9/17/03
Seeing for some strange reason the title text would appear different to some
users I decided to make a gif of my title text instead.
Can you please let me know if this is still happening thankyou....