Mac 3.2.3 clients not syncing

Johnnie Wilcox

Oct 26, 2009, 12:50:24 PM10/26/09
to NetNewsWire-Mac
I am running NNW 3.2.3 for Mac on two machines, each synced to my
Google Reader account. The read item count for both clients and for
Google Reader are all different despite that NNW > Preferences >
Syncing in both clients is set to my Google Username.

Is this a known issue? Is my stuffs hopelessly broken? Compadres in
brokenness?

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

AJH

Nov 17, 2009, 7:19:48 PM11/17/09
to NetNewsWire-Mac
I'm experiencing the same problem on my macs. I really hate that
NetNewsWire no longer shows the items I read on my other computer. I
hope this problem is fixed soon because it's really the only thing
keeping me from purchasing the application. I miss Newsgator for
having provided this functionality.

Brent Simmons

Nov 18, 2009, 2:14:07 AM11/18/09
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
I'm working right now on syncing accuracy and efficiency. This will get fixed.

-Brent

Tom

Nov 21, 2009, 6:17:53 PM11/21/09
to NetNewsWire-Mac
I'm seeing a lot of problems with Google sync but it's with NNW
connecting to Google. It's the same user name and password I've always
used but more times than not it won't connect. Sometimes retrying
works but otherwise I have to disable sync to continue. I'm using the
latest 3.2.3.

Tom.

Tom

Brent Simmons

Nov 21, 2009, 9:18:32 PM11/21/09
to netnews...@googlegroups.com
What *exactly* happens when it won't connect? (In other words, knowing the symptoms helps me diagnose the problem.)

-Brent

Tom Roper

Nov 25, 2009, 3:49:23 PM11/25/09
to NetNewsWire-Mac
It's very odd, I never had this problem before. I use NNW on two Macs,
a PowerBook I travel with and a machine at home...I also rarely use
Google reader on my work PC. Syncing was perfect until about three
weeks ago.
I do most of my reading when I'm offline, on the train, but though I
mark items as read, when I open NNW on the home machine, many posts I
have read appear as unread.
I'd be very grateful for any help you can offer: I'm wasting a great
deal of time because of this

james

Nov 27, 2009, 10:39:50 AM11/27/09
to NetNewsWire-Mac
Hi, I just updated to 3.2.3 from a much older version that was
originally syncing via Newsgator. Anyways I have google reader set up
now. At the password dialogue box after clicking on sync with google,
it prompts me for my username and password. I enter my info, click on
OK and the box flashes then comes back. Clicking "cancel" does the
same thing. The only way to make it go away is clicking "disable
syncing". And then of course I'm left with no way to sync. Hope this
information helps.

-James