Big Games - (nf)

kau...@uiuccsb.uucp

Dec 15, 1983, 10:33:57 PM12/15/83
#R:ucbvax:-15300:uiuccsb:18400002:000:147
uiuccsb!kaufman Dec 15 21:36:00 1983

Of course there's the original Big Game which doesn't even need Big in its
name. Yale - Harvard may now be Division 1-AA but it's still THE GAME.

r...@uokvax.uucp

Dec 18, 1983, 10:54:50 PM12/18/83
#R:ucbvax:-15300:uokvax:5700008:000:1540
uokvax!ron Dec 16 11:43:00 1983

here at ou, we call the oklahoma-texas game

'THE OKLAHOMA-TEXAS GAME'

ok, that was a little sarcastic, but we do just refer to it as
that. there are a few things to note:

oklahoma comes FIRST. it is NOT the texas-oklahoma game.

it is often called the oklahoma-texASS game. (in oklahoma)

the 'common' chant is 'beat the hell out of {ou, texas}'
yelled by both sides all year long.

we also have the famous 'tuck fexas' saying, a personal favorite.

'texas' is often writen as:

T EEEEEE X X A SSSSS
T E X X A A S S
T E X X A A S
T E X X A A S
T EEEE X A A SSSSS
T E X X AAAAAAA S
T E X X A A S
T E X X A A S
T E X X A A S S
TTTTTTT EEEEEEE X X A A SSSSS

with the 't' inverted, showing disrespect for everything texas
stands for.

and now, our fight song:
boomer sooner,
boomer sooner,
boomer sooner,
boom-aaaah, forget it.

ron

...!ctvax!uokvax!ron
...!duke!uok!ron

ps sorry mom, sorry dad. (both from dallas)
pps we call the oklahoma-nebraska game 'the oklahoma-nebraska game',
but it really doesn't have the hoopla associated with the
oklahoma-texass game.
ppps ok, ok, our BIG game is the orange bowl. now, if we can just get there...
pppps texass will NOT stop our offense next year.

JSG

Dec 21, 1983, 10:08:01 AM12/21/83
How can you (kaufman@uiucdcs) say that the ORIGIONAL big
game is Harvard v. Yale? Anybody who know anything about
the history of college football knows that *THE* origional
big game is Lafayette College v. Lehigh University. This
rivallry has been going on for over 115 years (I can't
remember the actual number).

Get your facts straight.

Jeff Grunewald
[seismo, mcnc, brl-bmd, allegra]!rlgvax!jsg