Is the death of the net coming in September?

Brad Templeton

Jul 12, 1984, 1:18:36 PM7/12/84
Right now it's summer, and most schools are on vacation, and a sizable
percentage of other people are in the same state. So the net is
quieter. Yet it's still growing. Will the return of all these people,
plus the usual growth, be the final straw for the net?

If so, what can we do.....
It's gotta happen someday folks, the question is, when?
--
Brad Templeton - Waterloo, Ont. (519) 886-7304

ajs

Jul 14, 1984, 6:39:00 PM7/14/84
> Right now it's summer, and most schools are on vacation, and a sizable
> percentage of other people are in the same state. So the net is
> quieter. Yet it's still growing. Will the return of all these people,
> plus the usual growth, be the final straw for the net?

I hope not, and I suggest that a certain amount of negative feedback will
prevent it. When there's too much to read, and it propagates too slowly,
people lose interest, so there *should* be less posted.

Unfortunately, it's already been demonstrated that the equilibrium point
(if it exists) is somewhere way to the right of "nominal".

Alan (another contribution to the problem?) Silverstein