New group - net.flame

dadlaA!steve

Feb 4, 1982, 11:42:18 AM2/4/82
1
2
3
4
5
(Some blank lines for ARPAVAX)
I think there should be a group called 'net.flame'. Then the VMS-vs.-unix
people can use it, and the humanist-vs.-technologist people can use it,
and the white-flour-vs.-dark-flour people can use it, and the
censorship-vs.-free-publication-of-questionable-jokes people can use it, and
the how-many-letters-should-there-be-in-a-filename people can use it, and
those of us interested in the shuttle and in delicious eating experiences
and humor and unix bugs can read in peace.
Steve Den Beste
Tektronix Logic Analyzers
decvax!teklabs!tekmdp!dadlaB!dadlaA!steve
or
ucbvax!teklabs!tekmdp!dadlaB!dadlaA!steve

hao!woods

Feb 5, 1982, 11:20:55 AM2/5/82
Uh, who gets to decide what constitutes a "flame" and should be in
net.flame? Besides, flames occur on every topic. net.flame would be totally
unorganized. One vote against moving flamers out of newsgroups. To me, this
constitutes a form of censorship and I am against it.
Secondly, please do not use the character - in your titles. It messes up
inews when a follow-up article is submitted. I got the message
"inews: Bad option net.flame" when I attempted to submit this reply
via the "f" command in readnews. (I plead guilty to my own crime here but
it was necessary so everyone would know which article I am following up.
If you want to follow up this, don't try the "f" command or the same thing will
probably happen to you.)