Backward Floyd and UNIX Manuals

mhtsa!bso

May 17, 1982, 9:15:25 PM5/17/82

The backward piece on Pink Floyd's "The Wall" appears either before or after
"Goodbye Blue Sky" (I don't remember which, and I'm not inclined to play it
backwards again to find out), and says the following:

Congradulations! You have discovered the secret message!
Send your answers to Old Pink, c/o the Funny Farm

followed by the name of some English town. "Old Pink" is allegedly a
reference to Syd Barrett, founding member and acid burnout.

Also, as the editor of several incarnations of the UNIX (tm) Users Manual,
I'm very surprised that someone figured out how I did it. If you play
"My Son the Folk Singer" by Allan Sherman backwards in its entirety, you
do indeed get UNIX documentation. The shit's gonna hit the fan....

Bert O.
mhtsa!bso