SW piracy

LRC....@utexas-20.arpa

Jan 22, 1984, 5:25:05 AM1/22/84
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SW Bootlegging ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Are there bootleg video-cassette copies of TESB and ROTJ available?
Of \course/ there are! Even if every single projectionist in the
nation was of Lensman integrity--ha!--I saw newspaper reports of at
least 2 thefts of theatre prints. (In comparison with what pirated
copies of SW-IV was going for in the latter months of 1977, I hear
they're fairly cheap, with ROTJ the cheaper. Even blackmarket
customers have SOME aesthetic discrimination.)

But Lucasfilm is MIGHTY tetchy about the matter, and nobody in his
right mind will admit possession. Especially not on SF-LOVERS! (It's
criminal, for one thing, which is ab-so-lute-ly verboten on the net,
and for another, \we/ all DO have Lensman integrity.)
-------

Ken Varnum

Jan 30, 1984, 8:48:06 AM1/30/84

I have heard a rumor that Star Wars will be broadcast
on national television (CBS, I think) sometime next month.
Can anyone confirm/deny this rumor??
Thanks in advance,
Ken Varnum
(..decvax!dartvax!kenv)

King Ables

Feb 6, 1984, 12:33:57 PM2/6/84
I remember a long time ago reading that CBS had bought the rights to
show STAR WARS and it was supposed to be last fall, but they decided
to put it off until the spring. I had forgotten, but as far as I know
it should be coming up any time.

Allen England

Feb 10, 1984, 8:15:28 AM2/10/84
Star Wars will be broadcast on Network TV on Feb. 26 by CBS.

Allen England at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Naperville, IL
ihnp4!ihuxb!alle

Rob Krieger

Feb 23, 1984, 10:43:58 PM2/23/84

The March,1984 issue of Video Review magazine, in its
Upcoming Television reviews claims that CBS will be showing
a version of "Star Wars" with 22 minutes of never before
seen footage.
Running time is listed at 143 minutes.

We'll see this Sunday.

Stephen Trutiak
{ allegra!watmath!uogvax2!strutiak }

{ thanks to R. Krieger for posting this }