Net.Jokes submission

dae...@decwrl.uucp

Jan 3, 1984, 9:02:09 AM1/3/84
From: Dave Diamond <glivet::diamond>

Subj: Another math pun

What is the value of this integral (ignoring constant)

/ d(cabin)
| --------
/ cabin

Well, of course: It's "natural log (cabin)"

Dave Diamond
...decvax!rhea!diamond

Dick Lincoln

Jan 4, 1984, 9:58:21 AM1/4/84
If you don't ignore the constant you get "houseboat" (log cabin +
"C").

Dick Lincoln
{decvax!ittvax
or
allegra}!eosp1!lincoln

dae...@decwrl.uucp

Jan 5, 1984, 5:07:55 PM1/5/84
From: Dave Diamond <glivet::diamond>
Subj: Alternative ending to "What killed the dog"

.
.
.
Man: What killed my mother-in-law?
Henry: Well sir, I don't know exactly, but they say it was from the
shock of hearing that your dog died.
Man: Oh, my dog died, eh? Well, that's too bad. What killed the
dog? .
.
.

Dave Diamond
...decwrl!rhea!glivet!diamond

Gary Benson

Jan 6, 1984, 12:26:24 PM1/6/84
The joke about the mother-in-law dying as a result of shock that the
dog died reminded me of a (supposedly true) story Johnny Carson told a
couple of years ago:

Two celebrities who had just met set up a date. The guy goes over to pick
up the girl, and she's still dressing, so tells him to make himself at
home. He picks up a ball, and starts playing with her pooch, tossing the
ball, and having the dog retrieve it. It's a warm summer night, and she
has the balcony door open, and one toss of the ball goes over the edge,
the dog following. He is shocked because she lives some ungodly number of
stories up, and breaks the news to her with the line:

"You know, your dog looked pretty depressed this evening."

--
---
Gary Benson

pkli...@sjuvax.uucp