physicist joke

ihuxv!lew

Jun 8, 1982, 9:09:01 PM6/8/82

A mobster approached a chemist, an engineer, and a physicist with an
offer they couldn't refuse. "Come up with a surefire way to make
seabiscuit win in the fifth at Aqueduct", he said, "otherwise I
can't guarantee your continued good health. You have one week."

In a week he came back and asked the chemist what he had. "Well,
I've developed a powerful stimulate which dissolves into simple
sugars after twenty minutes." said the chemist.

"Hmmm not bad - if it works." said the mobster. He then turned to the
engineer. "I've developed an organic fibrous electolytic cell which
can be woven into the horses saddle pad. It should make him run like
hell." said the engineer.

"OK, we'll see." said the mobster, turning to the physicist, "What
have you got?" "Well, I don't have any practical results yet, but
I have done some theoretical ground work. Now consider a spherical
horse ..."