Texan Joke (not rot.)

Robin King

Aug 20, 1985, 8:45:27 PM8/20/85

A Texas kid had just arrived at Harvard and was
familiarizing himself with the campus. He couldn't
locate the library, but spotted a group of experienced-
looking preppie snobs and decided to ask for help.

"'Scuse me," he politely drawled, "could you tell me
where the library's at?"
"At Harvard, we do NOT end our sentences with a prepo-
sition," one sniffed distainfully.
Taken aback, the Texan corrected himself. "Well, then,
can you tell me where the library's at, ASSHOLE!"

Robin King

Andrew Folkins

Aug 21, 1985, 11:17:49 AM8/21/85
In article <10...@Glacier.ARPA> ki...@Glacier.ARPA (Robin King) writes:

[ ... ]

> "At Harvard, we do NOT end our sentences with a prepo-
> sition," one sniffed distainfully.
>

> Robin King

Or, as Sir Winston Churchill once remarked,

" A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with."

--
Andrew Folkins YABS : If you think education is expensive,
ihnp4!alberta!andrew consider the price of ignorance.

Mitchell Marks

Aug 22, 1985, 3:06:49 AM8/22/85
> > "At Harvard, we do NOT end our sentences with a prepo-
> > sition," one sniffed distainfully.
> >

> Or, as Sir Winston Churchill once remarked,
>
> " A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with."

The traditional version of Churchill's reply:

That is something up with which I will not put.

--

-- Mitch Marks @ UChicago
...ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!mmar

Andrew Lawson

Aug 23, 1985, 11:28:44 AM8/23/85
>> "At Harvard, we do NOT end our sentences with a prepo-
>> sition," one sniffed distainfully.
>>
> Or, as Sir Winston Churchill once remarked,
> " A preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence with."

As I heard it, he said later in the same conversation, "That is
something up with which I will not put."

--
Drew Lawson

Disclaimer:
No disclaimer is needed as the entire universe exists only in
my mind. (I think, therefor I think.)

Shelli Meyers

Sep 5, 1985, 1:46:20 PM9/5/85
Sadly enough, one day an MIT student found that he had to use Harvard's
library. In Harvard Yard, he asked a Harvard student,
"Excuse me, where's the library at?"

The Harvard student disdainfully replied,
"At Hahvahd, we DON'T end sentence with prepositions."

"Allright; where's the library at, ASSHOLE?"

--
"Time flies... when you're asleep."
From the bizarre fingers of