current usenet map

ucbvax!mark

Jun 14, 1981, 4:45:22 PM6/14/81
After welcoming several new sites to Usenet, I'm enclosing the current map.
Any sites which are missing or wrong please let me know.

USENET Logical Map
June 1, 1981
!- Uucp links
: Berknet links
@ Arpanet links

pdp
(Misc) ! (NC) (Misc)
decvax sii reed phs--unc--grumpy duke34 utzoo cincy teklabs
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! +--+----+-----+-+--+-------------+-------+------+ !
! ! !
! duke !
! ! !
! +------+---+-----------------------+--------+ !
! ! ! ! ! !
ucbopt ! hocsr--mhtsa----research mh135a harpo-----chico
: ! ! ! !
ucbcory ! ! eagle ihnss vax135 (Bell Labs)
(UCB) : ! ! ! ! !
ucbvax--++----------+--+--+-----+--+------+--------+
: @ ! ! ! (Silicon Valley)
ucbarpa @ (UCSD) sdcsvax ! menlo70--hao
: @ sdcattb-----+ ! ! !
ucbonyx @ +-----ucsfcgl sytek sri-unix
@ phonlab-----+
cca-unix sdcarl

Moses Mason

May 29, 2011, 6:08:04 AM5/29/11
After 30 years, the usenet is still here! :D

Z3Rt

Jul 7, 2012, 4:31:40 AM7/7/12
It's amazing isn't it Moses. The 1st social network is still around 31 years later and loads more people are using it. Very interesting map up above I wonder how long it would take that guy to create a map of Usenet now using that template above.

sabin...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2013, 12:17:28 PM3/15/13
32 years! Amazing!

sz.pie...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2016, 4:47:10 PM12/11/16
W dniu niedziela, 14 czerwca 1981 22:45:22 UTC+2 użytkownik ucbvax!mark napisał:
35 years!!!