Recipe needed for sweet and sour tacos

1 view

Ensign Benson, Time Cadet

Jul 31, 1985, 7:15:41 PM7/31/85
*** BIZARRE THIS NET WITH YOUR MESSAGE ***

Some Mexican friends of the Chinese persuasion will be visiting over
Pentecost, and I was hoping to serve this old favorite. Does anyone
have a recipe? Why or why not? All of the above?

BTW, is Pentecost *really* being considered as an AMA sanctioned event?

--
Ensign Benson
-Time Cadet-

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-The Digital Circus, Sector R-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Chris Kendall

Aug 5, 1985, 11:31:05 AM8/5/85

***REPLACE THIS FACE WITH SOME WASTE***

I have a recipe for "Sweet and Sour Bock". It's an old German/Chinese
concoction athat taste pretty good. There is one drawback, however.

After you eat .... an hour later you're hungry for power!

ENJOY ..... W. Bully

Andrew W. Rogers

Aug 7, 1985, 8:33:42 AM8/7/85
In article <6...@tpvax.fluke.UUCP> i...@fluke.UUCP (Ensign Benson) writes:
> (Subject: Recipe Wanted for Sweet and Sour Tacos)

>Some Mexican friends of the Chinese persuasion will be visiting over
>Pentecost, and I was hoping to serve this old favorite. Does anyone
>have a recipe?...

Not quite, but a few years ago I was all set to make tacos and realized I
was out of taco shells! I did, however, have some leftover wonton wrappers
so I stuffed them with the taco filling and deep-fried them. Not bad!

The bizarre part: A few months ago I read (in one of the foodie magazines)
about an exposed-fern-and-hanging-brick Yuppie hangout that actually serves
the aforementioned delicacy - called (of course) a "Juan Ton"!

AWR