comments

ham...@ucbvax.arpa

Jul 29, 1985, 12:57:00 PM7/29/85
From: hamachi (Gordon Hamachi)

>Re: flat tires
>
>Has anyone had similar, or different, experiences with Cycle Pro folders?

I have had nothing but bad experiences with Cycle Pro tires. On a cross-
country tour 3 out of 4 Cycle Pro tires suffered catastrophic blow-outs,
ruining the tube in the process. Fortunately they didn't all blow out in
the same day or week, as bike shops are sometimes scarce along the
Transamerica bike trail, and I had only 1 spare, a Specialized touring turbo.

Specialized Expedition tires have been much better to me. I put over 3000
loaded touring miles on one set with only 2 flats (I foolishly rode through
a patch of "Texas tacks"), and there is still plenty of tread left. The
only drawback is that these tires won't clear some frames, as they are
27x1 3/8. In fact, I can't mount my back wheel unless the tire is deflated,
although after it is mounted it works fine.

--Gordon Hamachi