EDUCATION : DISABILITIES: Re: [Net-Gold] Chicago, Arne Duncan, and Special Education OR "Meet the Googles" Investigates the Disabilities Issues Track Record of Barack Obama's Secretary of Education Appointment Arne Duncan, the Head of the School District of Chicago

David P. Dillard

Dec 16, 2008, 4:33:33 PM12/16/08
to Donna Martinez, Temple University Net-Gold Archive, Temple Gold Discussion Group, Net-Gold, Educator Gold, Educator Gold, Net-Gold At JIGLU, K12AdminLIFE, Educator Gold, Net-Platinum, MediaMentor Discussion Group, Digital Divide Diversity MLS

.

EDUCATION :
DISABILITIES:
Chicago, Arne Duncan, and Special Education

OR

"Meet the Googles"
Investigates the Disabilities Issues Track Record of Barack
Obama's Secretary of Education Appointment Arne Duncan,
the Head of the School District of Chicago

Chicago, Arne Duncan, and Special Education

This would be a splendid opportunity to "Meet the Googles".

Google Web Search

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,840 for
"Arne Duncan" and (disabilities or disability).

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Arne+Duncan%22+and+
%28disabilities+or+disability%29&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/5pz942>

and this version:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,220 for "Arne Duncan" and (disabilities OR
disability OR "special education OR "idea 2004").

[Nobody ever said that Google is an accurate searching tool, the results
of these two searches are incompatible and logically impossible, the
second search cannot have a lower result than the first search, except in
the wonderful world of Google search logic.]

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=
%22Arne+Duncan%22+and+%28disabilities+
OR+disability+OR+%22special+education+OR+%
22idea+2004%22%29&btnG=Search>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/6agyhd>

Google News

Results 1 - 3 of 3 for Arne-Duncan and disabilities | disability |
special-education.

<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&um=1&tab=wn&nolr=1&q=%
22Arne+Duncan%22+and+%28disabilities+OR+disability+OR+%
22special+education%22%29&btnG=Search+News>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/5ovm67>

Google News Archive

Results 1 - 10 of about 96 for "Arne Duncan" and (disabilities OR
disability OR "special education").

<http://news.google.com/archivesearch?hl=en&um=1&tab=wn&q=%22Arne+Duncan%
22+and+(disabilities+OR+disability+OR+%22special+education%22)&ie=UTF-8>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/5q4tyu>

Content Sample from Google News Archives

Substandard teachers under the microscope Substandard teachers under...
$2.95 - Chicago Sun-Times - NewsBank - Sep 24, 2001
New Chicago Public Schools CEO Arne Duncan said he is determined to
curtail the ... Substitutes working in special education also should be
fully certified ... All 2 related - Related web pages

Cook County, Ill., schools pass, but federal law fails districts.
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Nov 12,
2004
Chicago Public Schools chief Arne Duncan already has drawn his line. ...
All four of its schools have special education students, but no school has
40 or ... All 6 related - Related web pages

$77 million in school cuts: Special education, gifted programs at...
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Feb 15,
2006
... that's getting harder and harder to do," Schools Chief Arne Duncan
said. ... The deepest staff cuts will be felt in special education, where
the ... All 3 related - Related web pages

Some students start their year in failing schools -
$2.95 - Chicago Sun-Times - NewsBank - Sep 4, 2002
Schools CEO Arne Duncan said the US Education Department was "fully aware"
of the details of ... at least half of them in special education, Duncan
said. ... All 4 related - Related web pages

City schools plan deep cuts: System's budget woes could affect...
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Jan 23,
2006
Schools Chief Arne Duncan is expected to outline the school district's ...
A special education school and a few more early childhood centers might
close. ... Budget crisis threatens school jobs: Problem... - Chicago
Sun-Times - NewsBank ($2.95)
Duncan: Teacher Layoffs, Larger Classes Looming - NBC5.com
Courier News - All 10 related - Related web pages

Failing Schools across Illinois Scramble to Obey Federal Law.
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Aug 7,
2003
"The time frame that we have is ridiculous," said Chicago Public Schools
chief Arne Duncan, who is still haggling with the state over which schools
should ... All 8 related - Related web pages

Chicago teacher purge misses uncertified substitutes.
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Nov 18,
2004
Those subs teach in special education and bilingual classrooms, ... of our
students," schools chief Arne Duncan declared earlier this year when he
announced ... All 3 related - Related web pages

Bunching of special ed kids faulted - Many attend poorest schools,...
$2.95 - Chicago Sun-Times - NewsBank - Jul 29, 2002
Schools CEO Arne Duncan agrees, but he said the real answer lies in
reducing the number of special education students by improving reading
instruction in ... All 2 related - Related web pages

A Child Held Behind
New York Times - Jan 16, 2005
Moreover, she says, the number of total referrals to special education has
... cycles of poverty,'' says Arne Duncan, chief executive of Chicago
schools. ... A Child Held Behind - New York Times
All 4 related - Related web pages

New rules help raise Illinois students' test scores.
Free with registration - Chicago Tribune - AccessMyLibrary.com - Dec 15,
2004
... given to special-education students whose disabilities prevent them
from ... are putting into this," said Chicago Public Schools chief Arne
Duncan. ... All 16 related - Related web pages

Google Books

Books 1 - 10 of 16 on "Arne Duncan" and (disabilities OR disability OR
"special education").

<http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&um=1&q=%22Arne%20Duncan%22%20and%
20(disabilities%20OR%20disability%20OR%20%22special%20education%22)&
ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=np>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/6zmzs3>

Google Scholar

Results 1 - 10 of about 44 for "Arne Duncan" and (disabilities OR
disability OR "special education").

<http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&um=1&q=%22Arne%20Duncan%
22%20and%20(disabilities%20OR%20disability%20OR%
20%22special%20education%22)&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=ps>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/6ot9yq>

Content Sample from Google Scholar:

[CITATION] SPECIAL EDUCATION MANUAL
CP Schools, R Network - Suffolk, Virginia
Related articles - Web Search

[PDF] ?Behind, and the Limits of Dissonant Leadership in Education,
Journal of
RW Tests - 1988 - education.depaul.edu
... with a forward by Arne Duncan, proposal in ... school law dealing with
special education
issues, students ... involving the Individuals with Disabilities Education
Act ...
View as HTML - Web Search

[PDF] ?Office of Specialized Services
SES Teachers - cps-humanresources.org
... Arne Duncan, Chief Executive Officer Barbara Eason-Watkins, Ed.D ...
Definitions of
Disabilities Autism (AUT) A developmental disability significantly
affecting ...
Related articles - View as HTML - Web Search - All 2 versions

[PDF] ?NEWS BRIEF
L MATTERS, S WORK - cleverconcepts.net
... in- clude: Chicago Public Schools CEO Arne Duncan?s public ... relate
to the students
disability (IDEIA 2004 ... for all Students, Including Those with
Disabilities ...
View as HTML - Web Search

[CITATION] Teacher Cheating
B Jacob, S Levitt - University of Chicago, mimeo, 2002
Cited by 2 - Related articles - Web Search

[PDF] ?REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) FOR SAFE AND HEALTHY SCHOOLS CURRICULUM
FOR THE BOARD OF EDUCATION OF
S TO, BAN PUBLIC, ALLPSBE ADDRESSED, R TO, I BY, -
stakeholderschicago.org
... ARNE DUNCAN ... Act, 29 USCA 621, et seq., Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act, 20
USCA 701, et seq., as amended, the Americans With Disabilities Act, 42
USCA ...
Related articles - View as HTML - Web Search

[PDF] ?Applied Research
SL Wagner, D Zvetina - erikson.edu
... test, for example, cannot diagnose a childs learning disability. ...
Journal of Learning
Disabilities, 27, 6066. ... Journal of Special Education, 17, 6368. ...
Related articles - View as HTML - Web Search - All 3 versions

[PDF] ?AMEND BOARD REPORT 01-0926-PO1 AMEND BOARD REPORT 97-1217-P01
POLICY ON STUDENT TRAVEL THE CHIEF
P POLICY, CPSAP ON - POLICY, 2001 - 209.175.45.98
... Students with disabilities may participate in approved water
activities as ... Consideration:
Respectfully submitted, BARBARA EASON-WATKINS ARNE DUNCAN ^ &? Chief ...
Web Search - Find Full-Text @ TU

[PDF] ?Chasing the Blues Away
RJ Lake, L Rainey - newdems.net
... Mayor Daley and Chicagos current schools superintendent, Arne Duncan,
recently
announced a plan backed by the Chicago Civic Committee and other
foundations ...
Related articles - View as HTML - Web Search - All 12 versions

[PDF] ?Consortium on Chicago School Research
PB Sebring - ccsr.uchicago.edu
... must be disaggre- gated by poverty, race, ethnicity, disability, and
limited ... Arne
Duncan has instituted a policy to close nonperforming schools and to
encourage ...
Related articles - Web Search - All 2 versions

Google Blogs

<http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?tab=sb&sa=N&hl=en&um=1&q=%
22Arne+Duncan%22+and+(disabilities+OR+disability+OR+
%22special+education%22)&ie=UTF-8&sa=N>

A shorter URL for the above link:

<http://tinyurl.com/6pqcxq>

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jw...@temple.edu
<http://daviddillard.businesscard2.com>
Net-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
<http://groups.google.com/group/net-gold?hl=en>
<http://net-gold.jiglu.com/>
General Internet & Print Resources
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-internet>
<http://guides.temple.edu/general-country-info>
<http://guides.temple.edu/tourism>
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
Educator-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>
K12ADMINLIFE
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/K12AdminLIFE/>
Nina Dillard's Photographs on Net-Gold
<http://tinyurl.com/36qd2o>
Net-Gold Membership Required to View Photos

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, Donna Martinez wrote:

> With the selection of Arne Duncan for Education Department Secretary by
> Obama I am interested in learning about his track record regarding IDEA
> 2004 and the inclusion of students with disabilities. What has your
> experience been?

Read news posts on my blog: HYPERLINK
"http://drdmartinez.blogspot.com/"

http://www.heath.gwu.edu/

http://www.heath.gwu.edu

> MY BLOG: HYPERLINK
http://drdmartinez.blogspot.com/

http://drdmartinez.blogspot.com/

> MY COMMUNITIES

LinkedIn: HYPERLINK

http://www.linkedin.com/

http://www.linkedin.com

Networks: Social Security Disability, School/Business Partnership,

Disability Student Services, Diversity and Disability@Work.

Disability Student Services in Higher Ed-List: HYPERLINK

http://tinyurl.com/DSSHE-L

http://tinyurl.com/DSSHE-L

TACommunities: LRE, Existing -Part B:

HYPERLINK

http://www.tacommunities.org/

http://www.tacommunities.org/

> Net-Gold: HYPERLINK

> Council for Exceptional Children
> Division on Career Development and Transition
> Government Relations Committee Chair:

> HYPERLINK

http://www.dcdt.org/governmentrelations/index.html

http://www.dcdt.org/governmentrelations/index.html

David P. Dillard

Dec 16, 2008, 4:43:31 PM12/16/08
to NetGold, Net-Gold, Temple University Net-Gold Archive, Temple Gold Discussion Group, Net-Gold, Educator Gold, Educator Gold, Net-Gold At JIGLU, K12AdminLIFE, Educator Gold, Net-Platinum

Subject: EDUCATION : DISABILITIES: Re: [Net-Gold] Chicago, Arne Duncan,

.

OR

Google Web Search

[...]