I've finally released 2.0.0.alpha.6 which contains massive
refactorings and some API changes.
I've tried to make the API more consistent.
For example, all the #rels and #rel method for Neo4j::Node and
Neo4j::Rails::Model now takes as first argument the direction
(:outgoing, :incoming, :both)
The relationship type is also expected always to be a Symbol.
The neo4j gem now depends on the following neo4j gems:
* neo4j-core (for Neo4j::Node, Neo4j::Relationship and Cypher DSL, etc).
* neo4j-wrapper (Neo4j::NodeMixin and Neo4j::RelatioshipMixin)
* neo4j-community the JAR files for the community edition
* neo4j-advanced - JAR files, this is not required
* neo4j-enterprised - JAR files, this is not required
The neo4j gem only contains the Neo4j::Rails module.
Missing before final 2.0
* Fix remaining issues - http://github.com/andreasronge/neo4j/issues
* Improve the YARD docs
* Fix the github wiki pages
* Check other gems works with 2.0, example: neo4j-will_paginate,
neo4j-devise, neo4j-paperclip, etc..
* Fix upgrade instructions (upgrade scripts)
* More test with real rails applications (so far just done a hello
world rails test).
* Maybe some more features, e.g. cypher DSL for
person.friends.where(|f| f[:age] < 20) ?
Btw, I'm going to speak at the JRuby conference
(http://jrubyconf.com/#speakers). Would be nice to meet some of you
== 2.0.0.alpha.6 / 2012-04-15
* Complete rewrite and smaller change of API + lots of refactoring and
better RSpecs (over 2000 rspecs)
* Moved code to the neo4j-core and neo4j-wrapper gems
* Changed API - index properties using the Neo4j::Rails::Model
(property :name, :index => :exact)
* Changed API - rel_type always returns a Symbol
* Changed API - #rels and #rel first parameter is always :outgoing,
:incoming or :both
* Cypher DSL support, see
* Made the Lucene indexing more flexible
* Renamed size methods to count since it does simply count all the
relationships (e.g. Person.all.count)
* Modularization - e.g. make it possible to create your own wrapper
* Added builder method for has_one relationships (just like