Sooner Madness

Wes Glinsmann

Dec 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/5/96

At 02:38 PM 12/5/96 GMT, Clifford Bettis wrote:
:I received word from Oklahoma that my sister is going to root for
:Texas in the upcoming Big 12 championship football
:game.

Blasphemer! Infidel!

This is an extreme shock to me as my sister has hated the Texas
:football team since the late '60s. She is miffed about the unseemly
:way in which Nebraska trounced her poor Sooners who have fallen on
:hard times at the gridiron. I can picture her watching the game in her
:home in Norman; She sees the Big Red take the field (the wrong Big
:Red) then the hated burnt orange. She gamely tries to point her pinky
:and index fingers up for the hook em 'Horns sign but all the years of
:conditioning take over and, in a Strangelovian battle, her hand defies
:her: uncontrollably, the fingers turn earthward. Sooner Magic turned
:into Sooner Madness, alas.
:
:Cliff
:
Not to worry, the overwhelming majority of OU fans would rather chew tinfoil
than root for Texas. There will be a whole lot of "the other red fans"
rooting for the Real Big Red. Most Okies remeber the glory days of OU-NU
and have a great deal of respect for the Husker program. But when it comes
to Texas? They'd sooner have thier sinuses drained with a Shop-Vac than
make a hook'em horns sign.

Wes Glinsmann
OU Students for Nebraska

Bevo. It's What's for Dinner.

"Each year Colorado enthusiasts vowed that this time they would defeat
Nebraska, and each year their hopes were dashed."

--James A. Michener
"Centennial"