About to swap Deerfield out

paul...@yahoo.com

Jun 24, 2022, 11:27:43 AM6/24/22
to near...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I am planning by this weekend to switch Deerfield out with one that I can RF link my other machines with. That will allow me to move the current Deerfield repeater reprogrammed to Georgetown. I have to do Georgetown site brush trimming at same time so it all works out.

With that said Georgetown should be back by Monday if all goes as planned.

I also tested a RF linking schedule that would allow on demand link up of the near900 system with NH and It works fine with my repeaters so not sure what would happen with a near900 machine. It is programmed to drop link during busy drive time morning and evening but you can also bring it up during that time with DTMF 3 digit code if needed. I will need to reprogram to drop one link only if it gets linked to MASS.

I am waiting for a port expansion board release to allow 4 total link paths. Northbound to Lakes region, southbound to Mass and the two other links for W1ASS land.

For Deerfield I modified some Kenwood TK-931’s for link radios and turned down to 3.5 watts. Since I’m missing a third CRIB board to use a Quantar 900 receiver I had to use a maxtrac 100 for a repeater receiver. I’m saving my only other Quantar receiver for Goffstown due to all the RF up there. I ordered a 900 yahoo and it is fine so I have to order a few more.

I included two photos of mobile interior modifications view and the back of the final version Nucleus conversion/wiring. Yes it changed several times.

That’s the scoop and once this is done I will move on to build and replace Goffstown machine.

Ba-de, ba-de, ba-de, that’s all folks!

Nick Magliano

Sep 15, 2022, 10:34:42 AM9/15/22
to near...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Paul.
     I finally got myself out of summer mode and reprogrammed my radio for 900 Georgetown today.  With my attic vertical in Peabody I put out my call was able to bring up the repeater.  The machine sounds strong at this location with no hiss or fade.   I’m looking forward to having some qso’s via this repeater.   Thanks for your work.

Best wishes

KC1MA, Nick.

paul...@yahoo.com

Sep 15, 2022, 10:45:16 AM9/15/22
to near...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,
Thanks for the update and great to hear! It is linked to Deerfield via RF link at this time. Still hoping to get Goffstown tied in too, but I am also trying to get my HF station and antennas installed here at new location and have remote operational capability so I can get on HF over the winter while I am down in Southern hemisphere where it will be summertime there. Too many projects. Hope to make Nearfest this fall before I head south.

Paul

rad...@myfairpoint.net

Sep 15, 2022, 10:57:30 PM9/15/22
to near...@googlegroups.com
Im still looking for a 900 mobile, preferably a Kenwood. Hopefully I will find one at Nearfest next month, or sooner,. Ill try and be on Deerfield during my daily commutes between Kittery and Manchester.    Stephanie WA1YKL

Bernie Doehner

Sep 17, 2022, 1:07:24 PM9/17/22
to near...@googlegroups.com
Are you ever near Wilton, NH?