Banana Leaf this Sunday or 12/28?

Kevin Yen

Dec 17, 2013, 3:45:07 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and almost done with holiday shopping! I'd like to know if any of y'all interested in having dinner at Banana Leaf either this Sunday night at 7 or December 28th? I've got a round table with lazy susan that can seat 10 reserved and figured out a Cantonese banquet menu with Candy and Tony for $20 per person.

Here's the menu
1. Pork Neckbone Soup with vegetables
2. Steamed Whole lobster with Scallion and Ginger
3. Fried Whole lobster with "Angel" sauce (spicy and sweet n' sour)
4. Steamed Prawns with fried garlic and chow fun wrapped in lotus leaves
5. Deep Fried Crispy Chicken and Prawn chips
6. Stir Fried Bok Choy with garlic
7. Sweet and sour pork ribs
8. Steak with Black Pepper Sauce
9. Yin and Yang Fried Rice (I bet most of y'all have never had this before...)
10. Dessert: red bean soup

Sounds like a lot of food but remember it's served family style. Too much lobster? I could replace one of them with steamed fish. Too pricey? I could replace one of the lobsters with Eggplant casserole with Garlic Sauce (Tehama's favorite).

Please let me know soon. Remember limit 10 people.

Thanks!
Kevin

Terry Grunwald

Dec 17, 2013, 3:48:49 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
We’re in for either date.

Terry Grunwald

Dec 17, 2013, 4:01:03 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Oh, and don’t mind 2 lobster dishes. Rarely can afford them otherwise. $20 is more than reasonable.

Also, while it would be twice in a week, anyone up for an informal Christmas Day gathering? SuperWok like last year or Captain J’s or wherever. Why not make it a CH tradition?

Michelle Hooper

Dec 17, 2013, 4:12:22 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
I could do this Sunday.
~m

Kevin

Cat Link

Dec 17, 2013, 4:31:34 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to have to pass. Have fun and looking forward to the reviews!

Cat
(Meatn3)

Kevin Yen

Dec 17, 2013, 4:53:03 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
So far:
1. Me
2. Nell (my wife)
3. Terry
4. Terry's son
5. Michelle (just you ?)

I will be out of town for Xmas but if y'all want captain J's I could arrange it. They've got Peking duck for 35.99 for now

Kari Winter

Dec 17, 2013, 4:53:05 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to, but the babysitter is coming this Sunday, and given how
rare babysitter appearances will be over the next few weeks, I think
my husband and I need a little one-on-one. I can't wait to hear about
it, and hope to come to the next one. Thanks for the legwork.

cheers,
kari (LulusMom)

romansperson

Dec 17, 2013, 4:57:25 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Either day would work for me, though the 28th is better. I'm a definite, when the husband gets home from work I'll ask if he wants to join.

Nancy (romansperson)

romansperson

Dec 17, 2013, 5:45:21 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Husband is in too, so that will make 2 of us.

Nancy

Terry Grunwald

Dec 17, 2013, 6:15:55 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
er… that’s my husband. Yep. I’m an older woman (but not that much older) :)

Erika S

Dec 17, 2013, 6:46:59 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

My mom and I would love to join everyone for this Chowhound meetup. We have not yet had a chance to meet anyone in person nor have either of us gotten to try Banana Leaf. Either date is good for us.

December 28th is my preference just because of having to work on Monday but either is fine, just let me know.

Thanks for organizing this!

We are tremendously looking forward to ending this year with fantastic Chinese food and good company!

Sincerely,

Erika
(Erika RollerGirl, don't ask, lol)

Kevin Yen

Dec 17, 2013, 7:35:46 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
So far:
1. Me
2. Nell (my wife)
3. Terry
4. Terry's HUSBAND (sorry! Lol)

5. Michelle (just you ?)
6. Nancy
7. Nancy's husband
8. Erika
9. Erika's mom

Ok need one more! Or couple more, we could squeeze a bit...

Needs to be this Sunday. Sorry!

R.B. Luke

Dec 17, 2013, 11:05:21 PM12/17/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Good thing I checked my calendar before I took the last spot. It's my son's
19th birthday so must decline, tho it all sounds so good.
R.B. Luke
AreBe

Kevin Yen

Dec 18, 2013, 8:29:08 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Ok I'll be there for lunch tomorrow and will confirm with tony.

Terry Grunwald

Dec 18, 2013, 9:52:59 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Kevin, Do we still need 1 or 2 people for our Banana Leaf group dinner. If all the CHders have had a shot, might we put the word out to friends?

On Dec 18, 2013, at 8:29 PM, Kevin Yen <bansh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok I'll be there for lunch tomorrow and will confirm with tony.

Kevin Yen

Dec 18, 2013, 10:17:20 PM12/18/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Yeah right now we have 9. Couple more people would be nice.

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "NC Triangle Chowhounds" group.

r_me...@hotmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 11:18:48 AM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
If there is still room include Myself and Felice

Kevin Yen

Dec 20, 2013, 12:02:40 PM12/20/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Ok I need a final head count... Let me know now if you cannot attend. Thanks!

So far:
1. Me
2. Nell (my wife)
3. Terry
4. Terry's HUSBAND (sorry! Lol)
5. Michelle (just you ?)
6. Nancy
7. Nancy's husband
8. Erika
9. Erika's mom

10. Bob
11. Felice

Janice

Dec 21, 2013, 10:22:08 AM12/21/13
to nc-triangle...@googlegroups.com
Please include me for Banana Leaf - Thanks,
Janice