any status updates?

1 view

DWF

Jul 13, 2008, 3:23:10 PM7/13/08
to nbgit
It seems pretty quiet over here.

Is this project still active?

thx,
--dwf

cbs

Jul 13, 2008, 5:52:52 PM7/13/08
to nbgit
ditto this question -- i'm getting mercilessly pushed into git and
really need this tool.

unfortunately no brains or time for this with everything else!!

tnx2

Alexander Coles

Jul 13, 2008, 6:02:43 PM7/13/08
to nb...@googlegroups.com

I kicked the project off, but so far have been the only developer! I
will gladly take in patches though!

I haven't seen a huge amount of interest on the mailing list recently.
From a selfish point of view, I am managing just fine with NetBeans +
using CLI git just fine!

Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to this
recently because of pressure from paid work. If I know there's still
demand for the module, that'll help.
If people can use this mailing list to help prioritize the
requirements.. and what functionality they want to see included, that
would help even more.
And what would help most of all would be either donations of patches -
or even, monetary donations, so I can afford to prioritize this over
other pieces of work.

Alex

ta...@joelsaltzman.com

Jul 13, 2008, 6:06:15 PM7/13/08
to nb...@googlegroups.com
How much would get you to get it up and running?

Thanks,

Joel Saltzman
714.310.5538

Jul 13, 2008, 6:26:42 PM7/13/08
to nbgit
I will echo joel, here alex --

My needs are: the rails world is going git; i have full order books
for months and months to come and NO time to learn a new repository
system.

I'm conversant with SVN and it has served all my needs perfectly fine
-- but i'm getting locked out of updates for active-scaffold,
presumably sometime rails itself. With github out there, all i want
to do is send them their monthly fee and re-reposit (is that a word?)
my numerous projects out of my locally-managed svn server.

So again, my need is to use github transparently with NB, as well as
move all my stuff out of the svn support into git. Personally a waste
of time for me so I will pay for the painless way.

'nuff said?

Alexander Coles

Jul 15, 2008, 5:37:04 PM7/15/08
to nb...@googlegroups.com

On Jul 14, 2008, at 12:26 AM, cbs wrote:

> I will echo joel, here alex --
>
> My needs are: the rails world is going git; i have full order books
> for months and months to come and NO time to learn a new repository
> system.
>
> I'm conversant with SVN and it has served all my needs perfectly fine
> -- but i'm getting locked out of updates for active-scaffold,
> presumably sometime rails itself. With github out there, all i want
> to do is send them their monthly fee and re-reposit (is that a word?)
> my numerous projects out of my locally-managed svn server.
>
> So again, my need is to use github transparently with NB, as well as
> move all my stuff out of the svn support into git. Personally a waste
> of time for me so I will pay for the painless way.
>
> 'nuff said?

Thanks for both of your messages! I understand you want to see this
plugin out there, and that a good workflow with Git is important to
your businesses. I also understand (believe me I do) about being under
time pressure.

Sorry for the previous message - it kind of came out repetitive (I was
rather tired when I wrote it).

Joel - with regards to your question..
- if you have a hard and fast deadline for a plugin -- or want to
contract with me as a developer, as some sort of support contract,
then we could work something out. But that's not something I've given
a huge amount of consideration to just yet. I started the project as a
volunteer, and it wasn't my original intention to monetize this
(particular) project.

Otherwise, I'll just reiterate what I said before - donations in the
form of either patches or financial are welcome. Patches, in many
ways, are more welcome as it indicates there will be interest to
maintain this on an on-going basis.

But with regards to financial amount, anything that is fair. As I
said, I don't mind doing work as a volunteer, but an something that
will offset some of my costs will go a long way - some money for
coffee cards, domain hosting, buying books, etc.

Alex