[ANNOUNCE] nbgit 0.2

Jonas Fonseca

Aug 7, 2009, 1:38:32 PM8/7/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

After a looooooooong long time, I have today released nbgit version
0.2. It has the long awaited support for .gitignore files, but with
somewhat suboptimal caching of ignore pattern. I am mostly releasing
this to get interested people to help me test it.

Note that this project is still in an early development phase and many
features are currently missing. However, many of the basic features of
a NetBeans versioning module are there. This includes showing
annotations for files and directories, viewing the status of tracked
files, browsing differences (both in diff view and in the editor),
committing, and more (see full list below).

Interested and *brave* people are encouraged to take this release for
a spin and report impressions, problems, or hurrahs here in the nbgit
forum or the in issue tracker on the Google Code project page. The
.nbm file can be found on the download page at
http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/downloads/list ...

= Changes in this release =

New features:

- Optionally strip spaces from commit messages. (issue 8)
- Support for .gitignore files. (issue 3)

Bug fixes:

- Make code compatible with Java 1.5. (issue 22 and issue 21)
- Update the status cache after creating a repository. (issue 24)
- Bundle version utilities with the nbm file. (issue 19)

= Some useful resources =

Project: http://nbgit.googlecode.com/
Forum: http://groups.google.com/group/nbgit
Downloads: http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/downloads/list
Git repo: git://github.com/myabc/nbgit.git

--
Jonas Fonseca

marc

Aug 8, 2009, 10:07:15 AM8/8/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Jonas Fonseca wrote:

> After a looooooooong long time, I have today released nbgit version
> 0.2. It has the long awaited support for .gitignore files, but with
> somewhat suboptimal caching of ignore pattern. I am mostly releasing
> this to get interested people to help me test it.
>
> Note that this project is still in an early development phase and many
> features are currently missing. However, many of the basic features of
> a NetBeans versioning module are there. This includes showing
> annotations for files and directories, viewing the status of tracked
> files, browsing differences (both in diff view and in the editor),
> committing, and more (see full list below).
>
> Interested and *brave* people are encouraged to take this release for
> a spin and report impressions, problems, or hurrahs here in the nbgit
> forum or the in issue tracker on the Google Code project page. The
> .nbm file can be found on the download page at
> http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/downloads/list ...

Thanks a lot for this, Jonas.

I've just installed it for the first time and it's telling me all the
things I've been used to with svn, etc al.

Brilliant!

--
Best,
Marc

"Change requires small steps."

bhauff

Aug 10, 2009, 11:51:46 AM8/10/09
to nbgit
Hi,

Thanks for the new plugin! I am testing it currently. I made a
comment in the .gitignore issue of some difficulties I am having:
http://code.google.com/p/nbgit/issues/detail?id=3&can=1

Thanks,

Brandon

Imran M Yousuf

Aug 10, 2009, 9:39:45 PM8/10/09
to nb...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thanks for the release :).
--
Imran M Yousuf
Entrepreneur & Software Engineer

NiGhTHawK

Aug 13, 2009, 6:42:13 AM8/13/09
to nbgit
Yea thanks for the new release, and also finally managed to get
installed properly so I can load this from the sources...

So far this is looking awesome!!! Also supports the .git/info/excludes
which I tend you use more than .gitignore