Please find attached the following reports:
1. Analysis of criminal, financial, ITR, gender and other details about
newly elected MLAs of Manipur
2. Analysis of asset increase of newly elected MLAs who contested in the
2007 elections also
*Please note: Reports on Goa will be sent shortly. Reports for Uttarakhand,
Punjab and Uttar Pradesh will be released tomorrow.
*Highlights *(Analysis of criminal, financial, ITR, gender and other
details about newly elected MLAs of Manipur)
- Out of the 60 newly elected MLAs of the Manipur Assembly, no MLA has
declared criminal cases against him/her. In 2007 assembly elections for the
whole of Manipur, 2% MLAs had declared criminal cases against themselves.
- Out of all 60 MLAs analyzed from Manipur 2012 Assembly Elections, 16
are crorepatis. In 2007 Assembly Election for the whole of Manipur only 1
MLA was crorepati.
- The MLAs with maximum assets in Manipur is of T.N. Haokip of INC from
Saikot(ST) constituency with assets worth Rs. 10.07 Crores followed by Ksh.
Biren Singh of INC from Lamlai with assets worth Rs. 5.22 Crores and RK IMO
Singh of MSCP from Sagoiband constituency with assets worth Rs. 2.72 crores.
- 6 MLAs have declared assets of less than 5 lakhs.
- A total of 5 (8%) MLAs out of 60 analyzed declared liabilities of Rs.
50 Lakhs or above.
- Among major parties, the average asset per candidate for INC is
1.05 Crores, for AITC is 69.8 Lakhs, For MSCP is 97.43 Lakhs, and NPF is
- A total of 49 (82%) MLAs (out of 60 analyzed) are graduate or with
higher educational qualification in the Manipur 2012 Assembly Election.
- Only 4 (7%) MLAs (out of 60 analyzed) are 10th pass and below
- Out of 60 MLAs of Manipur Assembly Elections 2012, only 3 (5%) MLAs
*Highlights* (Analysis of asset increase of newly elected MLAs who
contested in the 2007 elections also)
- Number of MLAs for Manipur 2012 Assembly Elections, whose 2007
affidavits are also available–35
- The average asset of these MLAs as declared in 2007 was Rs
20,02,492 (20.02 Lakhs).
- The average asset of these MLAs as declared in 2012 is, Rs 1,18,45,767
- Average asset growth for these re-contesting MLAs is Rs 98,43,274
- Average percentage growth in assets for these MLA is 492%.
- T.N. haokip of INC from Saikot constituency has the highest increase
in asset worth Rs.9.77 Crores (from 29.73 Lakhs in 2007 to 10.07 Crores in
2012), followed by Ksh. Biren
INC from Lamlai constituency with an asset increase of Rs. 5.07 Crores
(from 14.23 Lakhs in 2007 to 5.22 Crores in 2012) and Kh. Govindas of INC
from Bishenpur constituency with an asset increase of Rs. 2.11 Crores (from
38.25 Lakhs in 2007 to 2.49 Crores in 2012)
- The highest percentage increase (7108%) has been for K. Meghachandra
of INC from Wangkhem constituency. His assets rose from 2.90 lakhs in 2007
to 2.06 Crores in 2012. He is followed by Akoijam Mirabai Devi of INC from
Patsoi constituency with a percentage increase of 4621% (30.5 thousand in
2007 to 14.40 Lakhs in 2012) and K. Ranjit Singh of INC from Sugnoo
constituency with an increase of 4351% (3.82 lakhs in 2007 to 1.70 crores
Thanks & Regards,
1. Tasaduk Ariful Hussain, Regional Coordinator, Norht East Election
Watch, E: a...@nestinfo.org, M: +91-94350-54775, T: +91 361 2338-888
2. Anil Bairwal, National Coordinator, National Election Watch,
Association for Democratic Reforms, E: a...@adrindia.org/...@adrindia.org,
M:+91 8010394248, +91 9999310100, T: 011 - 40817601
3. Prof. Jagdeep Chhoker, Founder, Association for Democratic Reforms/
National Election Watch, E: jchho...@gmail.com, M: +91 9999620944
4. Prof. Trilochan Sastry, Founder, Association for Democratic Reforms/
National Election Watch, E: triloch...@IIMB.ERNET.IN, M: +91 9448353285
Analysis of Criminal and Financial Details of MLAs of Manipur 2012.pdf
Asset Increase analysis of newly elected MLAs of Manipur 2012.pdf