Strawberr Soda's..

skoot

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
does anyone know where I can buy strawberry soda's here in Nashville?? I
know it sounds stupid, but after moving here from houston, where I drank
them all the time, nashville doesn't have any, albertson's is the only
place I've seen it, and it's their brand, which I don't want a store
brand soda, I've looked at Sam's, wal-mart, etc,,,

Nathaniel Bates

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
They have sodas in Texas? I thought soda and pop only existed north of
Kentucky. Now, the real hillbilly terminology is "cold drink" pronounced
"cole drank" or you may say that youre "gonna go get a drank". Hope this
helps.
N. Bates

Boutros <bou...@hosed.com> wrote in message

> I see your problem - You're asking for strawberry sodas when you should
> be asking for strawberry cokes
>
> =======
> Boutros

Olin Murrell

Sep 30, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/30/99
Of course they have sodas in Texas.

As in, "I soda nudder bull today, momma."

And, "Hey Bubba! Who wuz dat you soda ol truck to anyways?"

See, what you have to remember, is most of the original Texas gene pool came
from Kentucky, Tennessee and West "By Gawd," so much of the natural and
native language nuances are essentially the same.

To be sure, there are differences... as in "coldrank." Back home, it's but
one word. Same for beer... "colbare."

Economy of syllables, don't ya see?

Now, as for where one would buy strawberry soda, cole drank, coldrank,
whatever... I have no clue at all.

Good luck skoot, and welcome to Nashville. If we ever get all the
Texpatriates together in one location we're gonna have... one hell of a
problem! ;^)

Boutros

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99

John

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Try a Piggly Wiggly...when I was working for Fleming Foods, the distribution
warehouse for them, I seem to remember delivering Faygo strawberry soda.
Faygo is not a store brand...it is actually made / bottled by the Faygo
Beverage Company. What you really need to do is ask around and find
somebody that can get you some White Rock out of Massachusets. Good
stuff...

John...

skoot

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Nathaniel Bates wrote:

> They have sodas in Texas? I thought soda and pop only existed north of
> Kentucky. Now, the real hillbilly terminology is "cold drink" pronounced
> "cole drank" or you may say that youre "gonna go get a drank". Hope this
> helps.
> N. Bates
>
> Boutros <bou...@hosed.com> wrote in message
> > skoot wrote:
> > >
> > > does anyone know where I can buy strawberry soda's here in Nashville?? I
> > > know it sounds stupid, but after moving here from houston, where I drank
> > > them all the time, nashville doesn't have any, albertson's is the only
> > > place I've seen it, and it's their brand, which I don't want a store
> > > brand soda, I've looked at Sam's, wal-mart, etc,,,
> >
> > I see your problem - You're asking for strawberry sodas when you should
> > be asking for strawberry cokes
> >
> > =======
> > Boutros
nope,,didn't help a bit,,,

skoot

Oct 1, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/1/99
Boutros wrote:

> skoot wrote:
> >
> > does anyone know where I can buy strawberry soda's here in Nashville?? I
> > know it sounds stupid, but after moving here from houston, where I drank
> > them all the time, nashville doesn't have any, albertson's is the only
> > place I've seen it, and it's their brand, which I don't want a store
> > brand soda, I've looked at Sam's, wal-mart, etc,,,
>
> I see your problem - You're asking for strawberry sodas when you should
> be asking for strawberry cokes
>
> =======
> Boutros
if I was looking for a strawberry coke, then the headliner would have
been "strawberry cokes"....

UTC PT

Oct 2, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/2/99
have you check kroger? they might have a store brand too. i know minute
maid makes them cause i had them on a fountain drink. maybe you can contact
them/webpage and see where they distribute it. i bet coke (the company)
also sell them. downin their bottling tour (atlanta i think) they haveon
display numerous drinks but not all are sold here. check them out.