Nanodicom & DICOM SR

Sébastien

Apr 12, 2012, 2:58:17 PM4/12/12
to nanodicom
Hi,

I'm using Nanodicom on MAMP( Mac OS X ). It seems to work perfectly. I
need to use it in my own EHR, to generate PDF from DICOM SR,
ultrasound scans.

I'd like to know how to manage Data stored in the SR.

Could you help ?

Sébastien

Nano Documet

Apr 19, 2012, 5:45:12 PM4/19/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastien,

Can you provide some more details on what exactly you want to achieve? Do you have any sample file?

Best regards,

Nano.

Sébastien

Apr 20, 2012, 3:11:20 PM4/20/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to get fetal biometries from a DICOM SR file, from Ultrasound Scan, but I don't know how access to the data. Where can I send you the file ?
It's probably my lack of knowledge of php. Help will be welcome.
( as I said, I'm using OS X, it seems to work perfectly, you can add this operating system to the tested one ;) )

Sébastien

On Apr 12, 2012, at 11:58 AM, Sébastien <midwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Nanodicom on MAMP( Mac OS X ). It seems to work perfectly. I
> need to use it in my own EHR, to generate PDF from DICOM SR,
> ultrasound scans.
>
> I'd like to know how to manage Data stored in the SR.
>
> Could you help ?
>
> Sébastien

Nano.

Apr 23, 2012, 9:35:21 AM4/23/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
If the file is save to be shared (No patient/doctor/institution, etc ), you can just share it using Google groups.

In the mean time, what you probably want to look is something like the "dumper" tool, that iterates through all the elements of the dataset and does something with them according to the contents.

https://github.com/nanodocumet/Nanodicom/blob/master/tools/dumper.php#L118

Thanks,

Nano.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nanodicom/-/Iv3JEOaopV8J.

Sébastien

Apr 23, 2012, 10:37:06 AM4/23/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
ok, this is it !

for i.e. how to access to the "EDD from Conception Date" , or the "Gestational Age by Conception Date" ?

thx :)
dicomSR.txt

Nano.

Apr 28, 2012, 6:25:04 AM4/28/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for the response and sample file.

Couple of questions:
1) I don't have much experience with SR, but from the sample file, what is the expected output for "Gestational Age by Conception Date"? 169 days? and for "EDD from Conception Date"? 20120812?

2) Was the sample file produced via Nanodicom? It looks kind of close to the "dumper" tool, but it has some nice looking things like the the Item # and the lines that indicate the starting and ending parts of the sequences.

3) Did you find a solution yourself? If so, will be nice to be shared. I think, SR could be a tool itself. Has its own way of doing things that are probably slightly different than rest of DICOM stuff.

Thanks,

Nano.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/nanodicom/-/5trJXAv9DDsJ.

Sébastien

Apr 30, 2012, 3:16:49 AM4/30/12
to nano...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nano,

1) that's true, Gestational Age... is 169 days, & EDD is 20120812
2) I've dump the SR with DICOM Ruby :-P, but I'm used to code with PHP, so I would like to use NanoDicom ^^
3) I don't know how to get thoses values from php ... like i.e. $EDD = $dicom['99003-1']; how to get the items etc. $dicom['0040,A730'][0] ... ???

4) I've an ultrasound scanner at office, i can test a lot of features if you need  ( like dicom network, modality worklist etc.) I'm using osirix with Macbook pro as a (small) PACS

thank you for help,

Sébastien