Hanoi Sound Stuff 2010

Postman

Feb 4, 2010, 12:02:03 AM2/4/10
to Noise Asia Culture, dicks...@gmail.com
03 days, 02 stages, 60 artists from Vietnam and the world

from 9.00 to 23.00

at Giang Vo Exhibition Center, Hanoi

FESTIVAL TICKET: 70.000 VND/03 DAY, FREE NICE HANDMADE ARM BAND,
AVAILABLE AT:

Shops:
1, I'ME 43 Nguyễn Khuyến, 115C Bà Triệu
2, Boo 84 Hàng Điếu, 24D Tạ Hiện 38 Lê Đại Hành, 92B Đội Cấn
3, Shark 65 Núi Trúc, 12 Ngõ Bảo Khánh
4, Nhà Mộc 89A Thợ Nhuộm
5, Diệp Mobile 211 La Thành
6, Feeling tea 89 Giảng Võ

Universities
1, Đại học giao thông vận tải: 01273104883
2, Đại học Văn hóa: 0932349693
3, Đại học Thương Mại: 01697171615
4, Đại học Phương Đông: 0945957020
5, Đại học Kiến Trúc: 01689931365
6, Đại học Ngoại Thương: 0976024220
7, Học viện ngoại giao: 0936608999
8, Đại học Hà Nội: 0975785037
9,Nhạc viện Hà Nội: 0983256164
10, Đại học kinh tế Quốc dân: 0977943665
11, Đại học Sư phạm: 0912609070
12, Đại học kinh doanh và công nghệ Hà Nội: 0904631123

Area:
Mỹ Đình: 0984361261
Đống Đa: 0988738886
Văn Quán: 0974859779
Thanh Xuân: 0975785037

MAIN IDIOLOGY

Showcase of experimental and cutting edge music and art for the Youth
of Vietnam, linking art and environmental awareness raising

INTRODUCTION

Hanoi sound stuff 2010/green space

International music and culture festival

@ location: Giang Vo Exhibition Center, Ba Dinh, Hanoi, Vietnam

The 3rd Hanoi Sound Stuff Festival/2010 GREEN SPACE aims to become
more diverse, of higher quality, enable greater artist exchange, and
capacity development, and reach a much larger youth audience. While
also linking music and art with environmental awareness raising. HSS
will last for 3 days, and aims for a total of 45 artists from 14
countries.

The participants in the HSS is a diverse set of Vietnamese upcoming
and cutting edge artist, from different areas in Vietnam and also
disabled artists, and international artists, as well as a number of
environmental NGOs and networks.

- Showcase experimental and cutting edge music and multimedia art to
the Vietnamese Youth

- Promote interaction and collaboration between experimental and
innovative Vietnamese and International artists

- Provide a space for innovative and experimental Vietnamese artist to
network and develop capacity

- Link cutting edge music and art with environmental awareness raising
and education

First time: HSS Future Sound of Vietnam (2008): 1 day, 12 artists from
5 countries (Asia and Europe), 5 Vietnamese artists from Hanoi and HCM
City, 3 stages (indoor), audience: 800 audience

Second time: HSS Green Music (2009): 2 days, 30 artists from 10
countries (Asia and Europe), 15 Vietnamese artists from Hanoi and HCM
City, 3 stages (outdoor and indoor), audience: 4000. Participation of
3 environmental NGOs.

HANOI SOUND STUFF 2010

In 2010 the HSS has the title: GREEN SPACE, this year the festival
aims to grow in quality, diversity, and size, and have a greater
involvement of environmental awareness raising, and importantly reach
a much larger audience:

- Duration: 3 days

- Artists: a total of 45 artists from 14 countries (Asia, Europe,
North America, and Australia),

- Artist network, exchange, and capacity development: Art and music
talks and workshop, and Young DJ stage

- Audience: 10,000.

- Environmental awareness: Participation of 6 environmental NGOs.

On a longer term HSS aims to become and cutting edge festival of
international standard, promoting artistic and cultural innovation,
and enabling exchange and collaboration between Vietnamese and
International artists, and merging art and environmental awareness
raising.

The main elements of each day:

i) Morning (9 am to 12 pm): Focus on Environmental Awareness

ii) Lunch (12 to 2 pm): Movie and Play time (Environmental and Art
video clips and movies will be show on big screen, Play corner
activities)

iii) Early afternoon (2 to 4 pm): Music & Art talks and workshops

iv) Late afternoon (4 to 6 pm): Young DJs perform (Young upcoming DJs
gets a chance to perform)

v) Evening (6 to 11 pm): Performance on two stages at the same time

(one indoor and one outdoor stage)

Cutting across:

Artists will provide music and visual displays for NGO events and
workshops

Environmental messages and display will continue through out the
afternoon and evening

The detailed program is in development, this following has already
been confirmed:

i) Morning (9 am to 12 pm): The following NGOs will develop activities
for all three days: Oxfam, Action for the City, Caritas, Center for
Cooperation and Development, World Village, and others

ii) Lunch (12 to 2 pm): By participating visual artist and the
participating NGOs, etc.

iii) Early afternoon (2 to 4 pm):

- Ralph Christop from C/O pop: German electronic music and
international festivals

- Cedric (artist) : international experimental music scene

- Nee Bing (artist): Chinese update music

- And others

iv) Late afternoon (4 to 6 pm): Young DJs perform (Young upcoming DJs
from Hai, Phong, Da Nang, Hue, and Ho Chi Minh City, and Hanoi, etc.
get a chance to perform)

v) Evening (6 to 11 pm):

Day 1: 26th March 2010 – LIVE STAGE

Day 2: 27th March 2010 – EXPERIMENTAL

Day 3: 28th March 2010 – DJ’s EVENING

This year Hanoi Sound Stuff festival aims to grow in quality and
diversity and have more activities that enable exchange and capacity
development of Vietnamese artists in relation to the international
scene. Importantly HSS 2010 also aims to reach a much larger audience.
All while having a stronger link with environmental awareness raising.

www.hanoisoundstuff.com

cdrk

Feb 4, 2010, 6:29:07 AM2/4/10
to nacu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks, by tha way my name is not Cedric but C-drík or at least
Cedrik ;)

--
Next C-drík's live shows, dj sets, lectures, installations :

2010
18 February, Singapore, Singapore
24 February, Hanoi, Vietnam
05 March, Singapore, Singapore
00 March, Indonesia
00 March, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
00 March, Bangkok, Thailand
24 March, Vientiane, Laos
27 March, Hanoi, Vietnam (gig & lecture)
03 April, Shenzhen,China
00 April, Changsha, China
00 April, Fuzhou, China
00 April, Guangzhou, China
00 April, Foshan, China
09 April, Hong Kong, China
00 April, Taiwan
22 April, Brussels, Belgium (lecture)
23 April, Budapest, Hungary
28 April, Vienna, Austria
06 May, Leipzig, Germany (lecture)

More gigs to be confirmed.

Links :

http://www.syrphe.com
http://www.syrphe.com/african&asian_database.htm
http://www.discogs.com/artist/C-dr%C3%ADk
http://www.myspace.com/syrphe
http://www.myspace.com/cdrk
http://www.myspace.com/tetraplok
http://www.myspace.com/elekore
http://www.virb.com/cdrk
http://www.virb.com/syrphe
http://www.virb.com/textolux
http://www.facebook.com/kirdec
http://www.veganforce.com/cdrk
http://cdrk.livejournal.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/cdrk
http://community.afropunk.com/profile/CdrikKirdec
http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=odn09g04sneirjnaafc50qjfm0%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Europe/Paris

zrs001001

Feb 4, 2010, 8:18:56 AM2/4/10
to nacu...@googlegroups.com

谢谢阿D.关注中

顺祝春节快乐

日升从大同

Postman

Feb 4, 2010, 11:54:22 AM2/4/10
to Noise Asia Culture

Postman

Feb 4, 2010, 11:55:32 AM2/4/10
to Noise Asia Culture
thx 日升~have a nice chinese tiger years~

cheers~!

On Feb 4, 9:18 pm, zrs001001 <zrs001...@126.com> wrote:
> 谢谢阿D.关注中
>
> 顺祝春节快乐
>
> 日升从大同

Postman

Feb 4, 2010, 12:40:41 PM2/4/10
to Noise Asia Culture

cdrk

Feb 4, 2010, 1:13:54 PM2/4/10
to nacu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks but do you know that there was already another page event for the
Hanoi Sound Stuff (much older)
http://www.facebook.com/kirdec?ref=profile#!/event.php?eid=96078126839&ref=ts
It would be easier to make only one I think.

Postman

Feb 4, 2010, 1:30:32 PM2/4/10
to Noise Asia Culture
yes, i just saw it, a bit old version, alright i'm passing your
message to Minh right now ~thx for the suggestion~ cheers!!