MLO and Autofocus - good news!

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Dec 5, 2009, 7:24:12 AM12/5/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi All,

I have started using Autofocus for my home stuff and really like it so
far. :)

As a result I have implemented a MLO command which all who are using
MLO with Autofocus will love, I think.

It is an "Alternative complete". If you hold Ctrl while completing an
item in MLO it does the following:
1) Create completed copy of the original task
2) Move uncompleted original to the bottom of the current list (in the
Outline or To-Do depending on what is in focus).

Together with Manual ordering implemented recently MLO becoming an
excellent tool for Autofocus. Try it when we release next beta.

I am also thinking about adding some customization to the "Alternative
complete"

More details on this toipic:
---------------
Autofocus by Mark Forster:
http://www.markforster.net/blog/2009/9/5/preliminary-instructions-for-autofocus-v-4.html

Some relative discussions on our forum:
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/7ffe0319da136cf1/18a27ed7e566b9ad?lnk=gst&q=autofocus+2#18a27ed7e566b9ad
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/11cda92e19558d4/

Andrey.

Nick Clark

Dec 5, 2009, 10:42:13 AM12/5/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrey

That is good news. Can I ask how it will be implemented on the PPC version? Can I suggest adding Complete Task and Alternative Complete to the Task Operations sub-menu. This will also make MLO easier to use with the capacitive screen PPCs such as the HTC HD2.

Cheers

Nick

gadgety

Dec 5, 2009, 1:47:08 PM12/5/09
to MyLifeOrganized
That's great, Andrey. I use Autofocus as well. I also agree with Nick
- may be even more of a benefit having this for the PPC version.

Stephen A. Weatherford

Dec 5, 2009, 3:14:23 PM12/5/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, great news!

I definitely second this request. I mostly use the PC version for work
items, and the PPC for personal items. It's frustrating when you add new
features to the PC only and not the PPC (like flags). Especially something
like this that is needed as I'm working through my tasks (I often do more
broad daily-planning type of stuff on the PC before sync'ing). Hopefully
you're sharing the basic engine code between the two versions and only the
UI code is different?

Thanks,
Stephen

Dec 6, 2009, 6:08:58 AM12/6/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
That's funny, I was thinking yesterday (again) how a facility like this
would be very useful.

However, I don't use Autofocus (not heard of it before- will check it out)
and don't really understand what the third step is about. In my case, I
set the Due Date of the task to a new date/time when I think I will want to
do it again. Could the third step be made a configuration option:

Option 1: as you describe
Option 2: prompt for a new date/time for the task (but leave it where it
is)
Option 3: no action

PS: Will the flags duplicate? They don't on the current Duplicate
command (it would be good if this could be fixed also, if it is unintended
behaviour)

Jabbe

Jan 6, 2010, 7:30:29 AM1/6/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I'm glad to see that you also found AutoFocus of interest.
Since you adopted it quite late I assume it is version 4 (AF4) that
you use, right?

I see that it is now also mentioned on the homepage of MLO.

Earlier there was a discussion about a template for AF in the works.
Did that get ready? It is maybe included in the coming minor update
(beta)?

If not, can you share with us the setup you are using for Autofocus?

Thanks
.. / Jan

On 5 Dec 2009, 13:24, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"
<for...@myLifeOrganized.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have started usingAutofocusfor my home stuff and really like it so

> far. :)
>
> As a result I have implemented a MLO command which all who are using

> MLO withAutofocuswill love, I think.

> It is an "Alternative complete". If you hold Ctrl while completing an
> item in MLO it does the following:
> 1) Create completed copy of the original task
> 2) Move uncompleted original to the bottom of the current list (in the
> Outline or To-Do depending on what is in focus).
>
> Together with Manual ordering implemented recently MLO becoming an

> excellent tool forAutofocus. Try it when we release next beta.

> I am also thinking about adding some customization to the "Alternative
> complete"
>
> More details on this toipic:

> ---------------Autofocusby Mark Forster:http://www.markforster.net/blog/2009/9/5/preliminary-instructions-for...
>
> Some relative discussions on our forum:http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/7...http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/1...
>
> Andrey.

vikram.sjn

Jan 7, 2010, 9:25:48 AM1/7/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Dear Andrey,

Kindly also implement 'Alternative Complete' for PPC version too.

Regards,
Thanks

Vikram

On Dec 5 2009, 5:24 pm, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"