Manual ordering of the tasks on ToDo - implemented!

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Nov 10, 2009, 6:03:29 AM11/10/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi All,

I am happy to announce that I am testing new long-waited feature on
Desktop: Manual order of the tasks on To-Do.

I just had a few days relatively free from supervising iPhone,
BlackBerry, Internet Sync subprojects. It was combined with an
inspiration and .... here it is :)

Now you can receive To-Do sorted by any criteria set in the options
and then use drag & drop to manually reorder the tasks on the To-Do
moving them in the positions you like. Once you start dragging - the
To-Do will be switched to "(manual)" sort mode. You can switch from
(manual) to normal sort mode any time. Your custom order will be
preserved when you return to (manual). Or you can reset your manual
order any time if just start dragging the tasks while in any other
sorting mode.

As you remember even in current version you can drag tasks to new
groups on To-Do to change their property correspondingly.

I hope you will like it!

Andrey.

Uwe Holst

Nov 10, 2009, 6:23:28 AM11/10/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Andrey Tkachuk (MLO) schrieb:

Great news!!! -Uwe

--

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Sergey

Nov 10, 2009, 6:40:15 AM11/10/09
to MyLifeOrganized
nice news!
when it will be available for beta-testing? ; )

/// Sergey

On 10 ноя, 13:03, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)" <for...@myLifeOrganized.net>

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Nov 10, 2009, 8:08:07 AM11/10/09
to MyLifeOrganized
hope soon.

Richard Collings

Nov 11, 2009, 8:11:15 AM11/11/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
This sounds good. Some questions:
* is the manual sort order specific to a particular view (ie: if you
create a manual order in one view and then switch to a different view and
select manual order there, will those tasks sort in the same way?). I think
I would prefer to have separate manual orders in each view but I am not sure
* once you have a view which is manually ordered, how do you determine
where a) new tasks appear in that view; and b) where tasks that were not
visible in the view at the time of doing the manual ordering appear when
they become visible (eg due to reaching their start date)

And is it possible to join the beta testing group?

Richard

Mr. Analogy

Nov 11, 2009, 4:25:08 PM11/11/09
to MyLifeOrganized
I can't do what you described, in version 3.0.1.
I searched the help fir (drag to-do group) and nothing in the results
described this.

In the "to-do" tab, I tried dragging a task and everywhere I tried to
drag gave the "not" sign (indicating dropping not allowed) except the
to-do list, but when I dropped there it said "dragging && dropping
disabled in current view"
On Nov 10, 6:03 am, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"
<for...@myLifeOrganized.net> wrote:

> As you remember even in current version you can drag tasks to new
> groups on To-Do to change their property correspondingly.

-Clay

Lisa Stroyan

Nov 11, 2009, 4:33:39 PM11/11/09
At 02:25 PM 11/11/2009, you wrote:

I can't do what you described, in version 3.0.1.
I searched the help fir (drag to-do group) and nothing in the results
described this.

I think you have to be in a view that has grouping for the property change to take effect.  Then, try dropping it onto the grouping label instead of inside the list.  Works great for me.  I can drag a green flagged task onto the "Red Flag" label and the flag is changed.  (In Flagged Tasks view).

Lisa

Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstr...@gmail.com
www.empathic-parenting.com

Stephen A. Weatherford

Nov 14, 2009, 9:52:09 PM11/14/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Once you've created a manual ordering, will it retain that ordering on the Pocket PC?

Nov 15, 2009, 3:08:09 PM11/15/09
to MyLifeOrganized
1) the order is specific to particular view. So there is separate
manual orders.
2)
a) in the end of the list
b) if they ever were in this view they will retain their position. if
they are new - in the end of the list.
3) to join the beta group you should be registered MLO user, love
MLO :) and write an email about your experience in software testing to
my email.

Andrey.

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Nov 15, 2009, 3:10:25 PM11/15/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Lisa is correct (as always! :) )
The manual order of the tasks in todo is only announced and not
released yet.

A.

On Nov 11, 11:33 pm, Lisa Stroyan <lstro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 02:25 PM 11/11/2009, you wrote:
>
> >I can't do what you described, in version 3.0.1.
> >I searched the help fir (drag to-do group) and nothing in the results
> >described this.
>
> I think you have to be in a view that has grouping for the property
> change to take effect.  Then, try dropping it onto the grouping label
> instead of inside the list.  Works great for me.  I can drag a green
> flagged task onto the "Red Flag" label and the flag is changed.  (In
> Flagged Tasks view).
>
> Lisa
>
> ----------
> Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstro...@gmail.comwww.empathic-parenting.com

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Nov 15, 2009, 3:12:22 PM11/15/09
to MyLifeOrganized
We will have one new view on PPC: "Starred". We plan that order of the
tasks from Desktop in this view will be synced to PPC. We will see if
we will be able to change this order on PPC in Starred view. The rest
of the views on PPC will be still automatically sorted.

A.

On Nov 15, 4:52 am, "Stephen A. Weatherford"