What I like about MLO

MATSURU

Dec 23, 2009, 7:26:47 PM12/23/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi everyone~!

I started using MLO about 1 month ago. As a trial user, I am looking
for a tree-like list manager to implement GTD. Previously, I am using
another freeware which serves me good but then, I needed more and
decided to give MLO a try.

This is not the first time i stumble upon MLO. I've seen and tried
MLO about 1 year + ago when I started GTD. at first, I find MLO to be
complicated, with too many options and functions. It is confusing to
me and I uninstalled it and move on to something else.

During that period of time, I went through various GTD practise
methods and read whatever I can find regarding GTD to improve myself.
And on and on, I keep on seeing people highly recommended MLO as a GTD
tool. Until recently, I decided to check MLO out again. Seeing there's
a 45 days trail, I jump ship and install both Windows Mobile version
on my IPAQ 210 and Windows desktop version on my Laptop. To my
surprise, MLO syncs perfectly, instead of file sync, MLO is actually
item sync. This is a pleasant surprise! Now I need not to worry about
accidentally replacing new file with old file. :)

Another thing I like about MLO is the TO-DO view where I can
customise and see my next actions based on contexts or any other
category i specified. :)

There are alot more features of MLO that I haven't realy explored
yet. As I explained above, MLO is a "complicated" software which
delivers more than you ever need for GTD and life implimentation. I
truely believe that in the future, there will be more users and there
will be better MLO versions, to serve us all!

1 suggestions/question, nowadays mobile devices seem to move towards
the stylus-less captivative screen direction. Any plans to develop a
stylus-less finger friendly version of MLO, anytime soon? I asked
because I am eyeing on HTC HD2 windows phone. I wish MLO can be as
useful without stylus if I migrate to another phone. :)

That's all for now. Thanks for reading! :)

Lisa Stroyan

Dec 29, 2009, 10:48:57 PM12/29/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to chime in on this thread after spending hours fighting with buggy overpriced software... I LOVE that MLO is so dependable.  I think it's one of the least buggy, most reliable software I have ever seen (and I was a software developer - I seem to find bugs that no-one else can - maybe it's my special talent :).    I really love the complex, well designed features, but if it didn't work as well as it does, that wouldn't matter nearly as much.  I know we don't mention it much, so I just had to comment.

But man, I would jump through hoops to get my hands on an Android version right now!!!

Lisa

Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstr...@gmail.com
www.empathic-parenting.com