New minor release announcement

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Dec 30, 2009, 7:27:38 AM12/30/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi All!

As you know we are planning new minor release of MLO-Desktop and MLO-
PocketPC very soon.

I just wanted to announce it now before New Year :)

Desktop
------------
feature: manual sorting of To-Do list. Just drag a task on To-Do to
switch to manual sorting mode and rearrange the tasks for the current
view as you like.
feature: set star for tasks and starred view. Sync starred view with
manual sorting to MLO-PocketPC
feature: use Ctrl+Click for alternative completion for the tasks
(create completed copy, move current task to the end of list etc).
Useful feature to implement Autofocus and other systems.
feature: Copy/Paste color coding and flags.
feature: sync color coding
feature: flags added to parsing.
feature: use right mouse button for drag&drop for alternative
operation - set dependency.
feature: Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+PgDown to switch Outline/ToDo
feature: “New folder” command added to local menu
feature: keep selected task active when hide/unhide completed tasks

change: computed-score To-Do sorting algorithm has been improved
change: groups in to-do are now counting number of total subtasks but
not number of subgroups
change: Outlook sync with latest version of GTD Add-in has been
improved
change: improved sync with PocketPC

bugfix: fixed issue when empty <Inbox> is created after sync to PPC
sometimes
bugfix: start date calendar always defaults to Oct 2007
bugfix: closing the contexts dialog should refresh the To Do view
bugfix: -tmax did not work in parsing
bugfix: minor fixes.

PocketPC
-------------------
Implemented full support of new 6.1 and 6.5 high resolution devices;
Implemented support for MSSQL Mobile Edition as data storage instead
of old ADOCE. Improved speed and stability;
Implemented Star for tasks and Starred view;
Implemented manual ordering of the tasks in Starred view
Optimized the synchronization algorithm for stability and speed;
Improved stability of reminders subsystem;

We plan to star the public beta soon after the holiday.
Since it is a minor release the upgrade is free for all registered
users.

Happy New Year!

Oleg, Andrey.

nschm873

Dec 30, 2009, 11:08:52 AM12/30/09
to MyLifeOrganized
You have the following on your "Planned Features" page.

IMPORTANT: We discontinued updating this list. We plan to start using
service like UserVoice.com after MLO version 3.0 is released. We will
keep current list as reference for some time.

I was wondering if you ever implemented it, and if so, where is it
now?

On Dec 30, 6:27 am, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

Heinz

Dec 31, 2009, 2:49:35 AM12/31/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Andrey,
I appreciate the good work you are doing with MLO and I think I
understand most of the new features you announced for the new minor
release.
Just one question: What is the purpose of the feature "set star for
tasks and starred view"? Another option for task prioritization?
Regards,
Heinz

On Dec 30, 1:27 pm, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

Richard Collings

Dec 31, 2009, 11:29:53 AM12/31/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
That's a coincidence - I was planning to post a suggestion that Andrey
should look at GetSatisfaction which is a similar sort of service (I think)
which is used by another service that I subscribe to. I don't have a strong
view either way but something that would allow us to see more easily whether
an idea or problem has been reported previously and to add our voice/vote to
that particular thread would be very useful.

BOC

Dec 31, 2009, 1:12:31 PM12/31/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello Heinz - I believe this relates to syncing the manual ordering of
tasks to the PPC see the full thread here:
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/bd5a3a44270b857a/5aabc42bbae6145c?lnk=gst&q=manual+sort#5aabc42bbae6145c

<Quote>
We will have one new view on PPC: "Starred". We plan that order of the
tasks from Desktop in this view will be synced to PPC. We will see if
we will be able to change this order on PPC in Starred view. The rest
of the views on PPC will be still automatically sorted.

A.
</Quote>

scoobie

Jan 1, 2010, 9:01:02 PM1/1/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I assume this is all something to do with the pending iphone release
to enable a compatible desktop version?

On 30 Dec 2009, 12:27, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

chuckdevee

Jan 5, 2010, 4:07:30 AM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Andrey, for this release can I ask you to sort out the formatting
problems associated with keeping MLO files on a USB. I find that my
saved todo views change all the time whenever I open MLO (from the
USB) on a different PC. I think it's got something to do with where
the settings are stored. It would be really helpful to have ALL key
settings stored in the USB rather than locally. At the moment, every
time I re-open MLO on my work PC, having previously opened it on my
home PC, I have to add in and move a number of columns. thanks

nschm873

Jan 5, 2010, 10:29:46 AM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I actually have separate themes because my netbook is so much smaller
than my regular PC.

However, as I understand it, if you want to use the same theme for
multiple PC's you just need to save the theme on your USB stick and
use it from there for all your PC's.

Tools->options

Themes
edit theme
save as...

Richard C

Jan 5, 2010, 3:52:06 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Does anybody know where the column settings for a ToDo view are stored
because I am seeing exactly the same problem (column settings in To
Views being lost) just running MLO on a single machine.

Richard C

Jan 5, 2010, 3:58:05 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
If you are doing minor tweaks, one that would make a big, big
difference is to have a hot key for 'Go To parent'.

I have lots of tasks grouped under folders or tasks which I wish to
review from time to time (some every 30 mins!). At the moment, when
these tasks bubble to the top of the list, I review them and may
action one or two but then I want to either mark the parent task done
(if it is a recurring task) or to set a new date/time for the
parent.

So I need to jump to the parent task. There is an icon to do this but
no hot key that I am aware of.

(Aside; just providing a hot key would be good but as previously
requested, having the option (perhaps set in Options) to remain in
the ToDo view when jumping to the parent would be even better as the
next thing I always to is jump back to the To View to see what the
next task is)

On Dec 30 2009, 12:27 pm, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

Richard C

Jan 5, 2010, 4:00:24 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
PS: A hot key to mark a task done would also be good - 'space' works
in the Outline view but doesn't work in the Outline view if you have
selected a parent and then switched to the To Do view.

> > Oleg, Andrey.- Hide quoted text -

kitus

Jan 5, 2010, 5:54:31 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I second that, I have problems with to-do views... Whenever I switch
from one computer to another one, my views are gone :(

kitus

Jan 5, 2010, 6:00:11 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I would appreciate it if you coud share the answer if you ever get to
know this.

Thanks a lot!! :)

BOC

Jan 5, 2010, 8:30:08 PM1/5/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I never posted but I too see the same problem on a single machine. I
always assumed I was doing something small like not saving the view
but it's been long enough that I should have caught all of the small
stuff.

chuckdevee

Jan 6, 2010, 3:21:34 AM1/6/10
to MyLifeOrganized
On Jan 5, 3:29 pm, nschm873 <nschm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, as I understand it, if you want to use the same theme for
> multiple PC's you just need to save the theme on your USB stick and
> use it from there for all your PC's.
>
> Tools->options
> Themes
> edit theme
> save as...

Actually, it's not the Themes I have a problem with, but the column
settings in the saved ToDo views.

Richard C

Jan 6, 2010, 4:46:30 PM1/6/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Ha! Glad its not just me.

I have been corresponding with Andrey about this via the support email
and trying to work out the circumstances in which the column loss
occurs because it is not consistent. If I close MLO and then reopen
it immediately, the columns are always there. The column loss only
seems to occur when MLO has been closed for a while. Andrey asked me
whether anybody else had reported problems and I had to say that there
had not been any recent reports. So I am glad that I am not alone
now!!

> > Views being lost) just running MLO on a single machine.- Hide quoted text -

Lisa Stroyan

Jan 6, 2010, 11:15:39 PM1/6/10
At 02:46 PM 1/6/2010, you wrote:
Ha!  Glad its not just me.

I have been corresponding with Andrey about this via the support email
and trying to work out the circumstances in which the column loss
occurs because it is not consistent.   If I close MLO and then reopen
it immediately,  the columns are always there.  The column loss only
seems to occur when MLO has been closed for a while.   Andrey asked me
whether anybody else had reported problems and I had to say that there
had not been any recent reports.  So I am glad that I am not alone

I just saw this the other day.  Usually MLO is not closed long enough for me to see it, I guess :)

Lisa

Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstr...@gmail.com
www.empathic-parenting.com

chuckdevee

Jan 7, 2010, 3:06:05 AM1/7/10
to MyLifeOrganized
For me, it only ever occurs when I open MLO having previously opened
it on a different PC (I keep both the MLO.exe and my MLO programme on
my USB key). The interesting thing is that the column view MLO reverts
to seems to be one that I originally set up. It's the changes to the
ToDo views that don't get saved (and I make sure to save them when I'm
using MLO on both PCs). Also, the auto resizing status changes as
well. I'll do some investigation though and see if I can note down
steps to replicate the problem using a new MLO file.

Richard C

Jan 9, 2010, 3:11:37 PM1/9/10
to MyLifeOrganized

On Jan 7, 4:15 am, Lisa Stroyan <lstro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just saw this the other day.  Usually MLO is not closed long enough
> for me to see it, I guess :)

That's interesting - what do you at the end of the day (I presume you
don't work 24 hours a day!). Do you shut your PC down?

The reason I ask is that as indicated previously I have established
that the problem only seems to occur when I leave MLO shut down for a
while (>1-2 hours). I cannot reproduce the problem if I close MLO
and immediately reopen it.

However, the problem occurs most days for me when I close MLO at the
end of the working day but leave my PC on to run an overnight
backup. When I start it the following morning, I have lost my
column settings.

If you are closing your PC down overnight, this may explain why I am
seeting the problem reasonably consistently and you are not.

Richard C

Jan 9, 2010, 3:17:10 PM1/9/10
to MyLifeOrganized

<for...@myLifeOrganized.net> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> As you know we are planning new minor release of MLO-Desktop and MLO-
> PocketPC very soon.
>
> I just wanted to announce it now before New Year :)
>
> Desktop
> ------------

> feature: use Ctrl+Click for alternative completion for the tasks
> (create completed copy, move current task to the end of list etc).
> Useful feature to implement Autofocus and other systems.

I am not sure how this will work (not being familiar with Autofocus)
but would be possible to implement different varients of alternative
complete (eg via a pop up menu). The one that I would like would be
to be able to specify a different date/time for 'when completed' as I
am now trying to follow the Pomodoro Technique and part of this is
tracking how many Pomodoro's you complete in a day.

This means more accurate recording of when tasks are completed and as
I quite often mark tasks completed a day or more after I actually
complete them, I find myself having to access the Task Statistics to
alter the Date Completed. It would be good to be optionally prompted
for a date/time completed when marking a task as completed.

Philb

Jan 17, 2010, 5:40:51 PM1/17/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Andrey / Oleg,

Re your upcoming beta, On the PPC side, can you add the ability to
search the note text of items? Currently PPC search for MLO seems to
be limited to the task headings, and not the content of any attached
notes.

Thank you.

On Dec 30 2009, 7:27 am, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

vikram.sjn

Jan 19, 2010, 4:22:40 AM1/19/10
to MyLifeOrganized
+1
this is required....

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Jan 20, 2010, 7:07:59 AM1/20/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I will consider this.

Arkadiusz Dąbkowski

Jan 26, 2010, 10:10:38 AM1/26/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Oleg, Andrey,
what about:
"We plan to star the public beta soon after the holiday."
?
ARek