Dependency + interval?

Lisa Stroyan

Dec 5, 2009, 9:51:38 PM12/5/09
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
I know we discussed something similar but can't find it.  Is there any way to have a task become active a certain time interval after another is completed?   For example, prescriptions can be picked up the following day after they are called in, but I only want to call them in once a month.  (I don't want to use one task because they are different contexts - Calls and Errands).

The key is that I don't want either the start date or the due date to be 2 days apart.  I only want task B to show up a certain interval after A is completed - in this example, if I haven't called it in, even if I'm running a week late, I can't pick it up.

I seem to have a lot of these in different incarnations.

Lisa

Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstr...@gmail.com
www.empathic-parenting.com

pottster

Dec 6, 2009, 5:15:58 AM12/6/09
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Lisa,

If you do a group search on "lag" I think you'll get some of the
I think this would be a very useful and popular enhancement.
In the real world these of deferred dependencies are common.

Andrey?

On Dec 6, 2:51 am, Lisa Stroyan <lstro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know we discussed something similar but can't find it.  Is there
> any way to have a task become active a certain time interval after
> another is completed?   For example, prescriptions can be picked up
> the following day after they are called in, but I only want to call
> them in once a month.  (I don't want to use one task because they are
> different contexts - Calls and Errands).
>
> The key is that I don't want either the start date or the due date to
> be 2 days apart.  I only want task B to show up a certain interval
> after A is completed - in this example, if I haven't called it in,
> even if I'm running a week late, I can't pick it up.
>
> I seem to have a lot of these in different incarnations.
>
> Lisa
>
> ----------
> Lisa Stroyan, mailto:lstro...@gmail.comwww.empathic-parenting.com

nschm873

Dec 18, 2009, 12:52:37 AM12/18/09
to MyLifeOrganized
+1

Whether you are "washing a load of clothes" or "installing an
operating system on a server," there are times where you have
completed your input to the task at hand and are now waiting for
something before the next task can be started. I'd like to not see
that next task on the ToDo list until whatever you are waiting for has
completed.

I really like the MLO feature where tasks that haven't started yet are
hidden in the ToDo lists. An easy way to "start next task in XX
minutes" would be a really helpful addition to that feature.