Cloud Sync stopped working (proxy)

Antkh

Dec 14, 2010, 12:53:00 AM12/14/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I've already posted the same message in russian forum, but there was
no reaction.
MLO 3.5.6, syncing to Cloud at home (direct connection) and at the
officу (proxy). There were no troubles till yesterday. I try to sync
at the office through corporate proxy, but server doesn't respond, MLO
seems to keep trying connecting, no errors. Log stops at "Getting
server message since this is the first sync for today....".
Syncing at home is still functional, no problems.

Neal

Dec 14, 2010, 10:43:27 AM12/14/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Very possible your corporate changed their proxy rules and are now blocking the traffic.  Proxies tend to block by type.  So it is possible that MLO is now defined as a location type that they block.

Has anyone come up with a test procedure to verify cloud connection issues?

kitus

Dec 14, 2010, 6:11:27 PM12/14/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Same happens in my case. I can browse the files on the cloud though
and I'm even prompted with conflict resolution window

On 14 dic, 16:43, Neal <nschm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very possible your corporate changed their proxy rules and are now blocking
> the traffic.  Proxies tend to block by type.  So it is possible that MLO is
> now defined as a location type that they block.
>
> Has anyone come up with a test procedure to verify cloud connection issues?
>
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Antkh <anton.hatun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've already posted the same message in russian forum, but there was
> > no reaction.
> > MLO 3.5.6, syncing to Cloud at home (direct connection) and at the
> > officу (proxy). There were no troubles till yesterday. I try to sync
> > at the office through corporate proxy, but server doesn't respond, MLO
> > seems to keep trying connecting, no errors. Log stops at "Getting
> > server message since this is the first sync for today....".
> > Syncing at home is still functional, no problems.
>
> > --
> > .

Antkh

Dec 14, 2010, 2:24:21 PM12/14/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I've thought of it too and so our system administrator checked proxy
policies today and found no blocking rules (except the necessity to
use specified address and a port on a proxy for any software to gain
access to Internet). Besides there were made no proxy changes to any
policies or rules by any of our administrators since the day when
synchronisation was still functional and I could sync without any
problems through corporate proxy (friday, 10.12.10).

dgtale

Dec 14, 2010, 4:46:23 PM12/14/10
to MyLifeOrganized
I feel there is a poor support for sync through corporate proxies

Neal

Dec 15, 2010, 1:49:41 AM12/15/10
to mylifeo...@googlegroups.com
Well you want to ask your admins if your proxy server uses proxy classes.  If so you need to know what the Proxy class is for:

www.mylifeorganized.com
66.96.143.160      66.96.128.0/18

It's possible the subscription for classes for MLO "switched" and its now in a class that is blocked.

You also want to ask them if they are having problems with their proxy server and the

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud.
184.73.247.157  182.72.0.0/15

It looks like MLO uses Amazon's EC2.  Its possible Amazon switched which virtual location MLO now uses and your proxy server has an issue with it.

Of course my addresses might not be the same as yours either but at least its a start...

Antkh

Dec 15, 2010, 12:37:52 AM12/15/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Precisely, I can successfully login to sync.mylifeorganized.net and
browse my database file through corporate proxy. But MLO fails with
the same operation.

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Dec 15, 2010, 12:55:55 PM12/15/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Antkh,

We just updated the MLO-Cloud configuration. Please let me know if it
is more friendly to your proxy now.

Andrey.

Antkh

Dec 15, 2010, 1:06:15 PM12/15/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Well, I'll be able to check it out tomorrow. I'll let you know of the
result!

On 15 дек, 20:55, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)" <for...@myLifeOrganized.net>

Antkh

Dec 16, 2010, 12:37:42 AM12/16/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Just tried.
At last! Synchronisation with Cloud through my corporate proxy
completed successfully!! Thanks, Andrey, everything works correctly
now.

On 15 дек, 20:55, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)" <for...@myLifeOrganized.net>

Antnee

Dec 16, 2010, 5:01:07 PM12/16/10
to MyLifeOrganized
my just started working, as well. I assumed at first my work was
blocking but when several others complained I knew they couldn't all
be co-workers :)