3.5.5 RC Beta: Scheduled Cloud Sync?

neilh

Aug 18, 2010, 4:42:58 AM8/18/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Firstly - thank you for implementing cloud sync: you're about to
change my life again! When I first discovered MLO it transformed my
self-management at work, but I never had a complete view of personal
projects because I couldn't use the same file at work/home (corporate
restrictions on FTP prevented my own cloud sync and writing to USB
files is prevented, so couldn't transport my file). I have been on a
high for the last 24 hours since discovering that the cloud sync works
from home and work!

Anyway, this has highlighted that I'd really like to be able to set a
sync schedule, so my office setup syncs to the cloud at the end of the
day and start of the day - otherwise I can forsee that I'll forget to
do it manually, then get home and not be able to see updates to my
personal projects that I've made whilst in the office. Understand this
is more like a future enhancement as it's not a fix to the current
feature set.

Also, when the Android version is available, I'm going to be dependent
on that to cloud-sync as well, otherwise I can only update at home.

This is a really great product, probably the one I've supported and
evangalised about the most over the last few years. Keep up the good
work!
Message has been deleted

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Aug 18, 2010, 5:02:55 AM8/18/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi neilh,

Look at the command line options in MLO help. There is an option to
perform sync from command line. You can add this command to your
Windows Scheduler to sync periodically.

mlo.exe MyFile.ml -QuickSync -console

It will work even if this file already open in MLO.

Please let me know if it works as expected.

Andrey.

olejorik

Sep 1, 2010, 11:18:00 AM9/1/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Hi Andrey,

could it be implemented in the same way as it was with ActiveSync --
in continuous way, after changing or saving local file? From my point
of view this is much more convenient than scheduling sync and
guarantees that the data on a mobile device are always up to date.

Kind regards
Oleg

On Aug 18, 11:02 am, "Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)"

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Sep 1, 2010, 2:39:21 PM9/1/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Yes I am designing it now.

Someguy

Oct 13, 2010, 8:17:24 PM10/13/10
to MyLifeOrganized
That works great. Thank you. Now we need a way to do that on the
Blackberry and we will be all set.