[ANNOUNCEMENT] MyBatis team wishes Happy New Year with a lot of releases!!!

Simone Tripodi

Dec 31, 2010, 8:44:41 PM12/31/10
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi all MyBatis users,
The whole MyBatis team is more than happy to wish you all happy new
year!!! And there's no better way to start the 2011 with a release
party!!!
Yes, you heard right, new releases have been pushed and are already
available for download and from maven central repo!

What's new:

* OSGi: after a lot of requests, all MyBatis modules are distributed
as OSGi bundles;
* enhanced Javadoc: we thought was a good idea to distribute the
Javadoc in an enhanced form such the Android Doc aka Doclava.

What has been released:

* MyBatis core & migrations 3.0.4
Various issues have been fixed&closed (see
http://tinyurl.com/2uz3cwe for details), one of the most important
change is the lazy loading setup behavior: just putting CGLIB in the
classpath is not enough, users have to set explicitly set the
lazyLoading flag; OTOH, if the flag is set to true and CGLIB is not in
the classpath, that won't just ignored but an Exception will be
raised.

* MyBatis-Spring 1.0.0
Stop to RCs, that's the first GA release of the Spring module
integration, few issues from RC3 - that proved to be robust & stable -
had been open and quickly closed, more detailed infos on
http://tinyurl.com/3ambxfz

* MyBatis-Guice 1.0.0
Stop to RCs, that's the first GA release of the Google Guice module
integration: that's basically the RC4 with improved (and hidden)
internals, no more to say about it, just use it and send feedbacks!

* MyBatis-Caches 1.0.0
Stop to RCs, that's the first GA release of the caches modules
integration, please give a try to enhanced Ehcache, Hazelcast and
OSCache modules integration!!!

Have fun and enjoy, feedbacks/suggestion are always welcome, we need
you to improve the whole community.
All the best,
Simo, on behalf of MyBatis team

http://www.99soft.org/

Clinton Begin

Dec 31, 2010, 8:59:13 PM12/31/10
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
To everyone on the team:  Absolutely fantastic job!

I want to happily announce that I had absolutely nothing to do with any of this... which is GREAT!

Our plans with our recent move (and change in name) had specific goals regarding team and community involvement.  Recall them from our announcement:
  • Lighter process
  • More frequent releases
  • Unified infrastructure
  • Modernized tools (source control etc.)
  • Build and deployment automation
  • Easier to use mailing lists
  • Single sign-on for users
  • Greater community involvement
  • More productive development team
I won't go into the boring details about what exactly is different.  But let's just say that this marks the first time in iBATIS/MyBatis history that I had nothing to do with a release.

I'm very proud to say that MyBatis is truly a community driven project now -- proven.

Thanks again to the whole team.

... and Happy New Year!

Clinton

Simone Tripodi

Dec 31, 2010, 9:20:56 PM12/31/10
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Clinton,
thank you for your kind words and above all thanks to gave us the
chance to be involved and actively participate in the project.
Looking at the goals list, seems that all of them have been
achieved... we're not just a group of people maintaining a framework,
but a consolidaded - and well distributed to all over the world -
community supporting a project and a related ecosystem of
tools/framework.
I wish you all the best and Happy New Year!!!
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Eduardo

Jan 1, 2011, 4:30:04 AM1/1/11
to mybatis-user
Good morning and happy new year!

Once again you did an amazing job guys, specially you Simo. Thank
you!! :)