[ANNOUNCEMENT] MyBatis 3.1.1 released

Iwao AVE!

Apr 15, 2012, 7:12:24 PM4/15/12
to mybatis-user
Dear MyBatis Community,

The team is pleased to announce the release of MyBatis 3.1.1.

This maintenance release includes many fixes and improvements.
Please see the tracker for the full list of changes [1].

The release can be found in the Maven central repositories [2] or as a
bundle distribution [3].

Sincerely,
MyBatis Team

[1] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/issues/list?can=1&q=Target%3DRelease3.1.1
[2] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/wiki/DocMavenTutorial
[3] http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/downloads/detail?name=mybatis-3.1.1-bundle.zip

Iwao AVE!

Jan 30, 2013, 9:25:50 AM1/30/13
to mybatis-user
Hi Siva,

Yes, it will be included in the next release 3.2.0.
The latest snapshot is here:

Regards,
Iwao

2013/1/30 Siva Prasad Reddy <sivapras...@gmail.com>

I have configured mybatis dependencies in my pom.xml as follows:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.mybatis</groupId>
<artifactId>mybatis</artifactId>
<version>3.1.1</version>
</dependency>

As per MyBatis documentation http://www.mybatis.org/core/statement-builders.html I tried to build Dynamic SQL query using org.apache.ibatis.jdbc.SQL class instead of using SelectBuilder/SqlBuilder classes.

But the mybatis-3.1.1.jar that is downloaded from Maven Central doesn't have org.apache.ibatis.jdbc.SQL.java class at all. Then I downloaded mybatis-3.1.1-bundle.zip from mybatis website and mybatis-3.1.1.jar in that bundle also doesn't have SQL.java.

I could find that SQL.java class in the source repository :http://code.google.com/p/mybatis/source/browse/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/ibatis/jdbc/?r=5407

Is org.apache.ibatis.jdbc.SQL.java class part of mybatis-3.1.1.jar or will be part of next release?

Thanks,

Siva

Siva Prasad Reddy

Jan 30, 2013, 9:41:00 AM1/30/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Iwao,
Thanks for the clarification.
As the documentation http://www.mybatis.org/core/statement-builders.html  is already saying "SqlBuilder approach is Deprecated", it would be great if you can update the docs mentioning this new SQL approach will be available in 3.2.0 version.

Thanks,
Siva

Iwao AVE!

Jan 30, 2013, 11:46:08 PM1/30/13
to mybatis-user
You are welcome.
I understand it's a little bit confusing, but if we wrote the version number for every feature/option in the doc, it would get much harder to read.

The online doc reflects the latest development version which is 3.2.0-SNAPSHOT at the moment (header includes the version string).
For each released version, the bundle archive contains the corresponding documentation as a pdf.

And we try to file every change on the tracker, so it may be the best place to find out the target version of a particular feature.

Regards,
Iwao

Siva Prasad Reddy

Jan 31, 2013, 12:53:37 AM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Iwao.
I just looked at some of the new features in 3.2.0 version and as usually MyBatis getting better and better with every release.
Thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Siva

Frank Martínez

Jan 31, 2013, 7:25:54 AM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Iwao,

Maybe we can publish a documentation site for each major version?

something like

What do you think?

Frank D. Martínez M.

Eduardo Macarron

Jan 31, 2013, 8:16:37 AM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
The problem I see with that Frank is that we sometimes improve old
docs. I am afraid that if we have more than one site there may be
different visions of the same info.

I am fine with the suggestion of adding a note regarding the version
in new features (like: staring from version... X) to avoid
misunderstandings. It is less work for us and I am pretty sure it wil
work.

Iwao AVE!

Jan 31, 2013, 10:51:15 AM1/31/13
to mybatis-user
Hi,

I thought there was a discussion about this topic on dev list, but couldn't find the thread...

Anyway, I personally like Frank's idea better.
There are some projects publishing docs this way and it is easier for me than downloading a zip archive.
Regarding the improvement to the old doc, I am not sure if I understand you (Eduardo) correctly, but we wouldn't need to update the old versions of the doc with the same reason that we don't update the PDF in a old bundle once it's released.

On each release, there are many changes to the existing features along with new features and it would be still confusing unless we add the version number to each part explaining the change.
And if we do it, the doc gets harder to maintain and verbose to read, in my opinion.

Regards,
Iwao

Eduardo Macarron

Jan 31, 2013, 2:02:03 PM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi Iwao,

I do agree that having separated sites may be better.

But right now we have 5 sites for the core (en, ja, es, ko, ch), 4 for
spring plus the Generator, Guice, Scala and some more. Keeping all
them up to date is a huge work! Moreover, that is a huge and extremely
boring work!!

For example 3.1 chinese verision was not updated, it still shows the
3.0 translation. Maybe someone contributes it eventually once 3.2 is
published. Why would we keep a wrong version online?

So I fear that that having more sites may end up in poor quality.

That is why I prefer keeping visible only the trunk. Just one version.
And try to keep that only version as much updated as we can.

Jeff Butler

Jan 31, 2013, 2:04:56 PM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
I agree with Eduardo.  Let's keep one version of the docs and put notes in if features are specific to a version.  This is what we've done in the past.

Jeff Butler

Frank Martínez

Jan 31, 2013, 2:05:53 PM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com

Another idea is to put all documentation on github and tag it with releases, so anyone can view all versions and changes.... ;)

Eduardo Macarron

Jan 31, 2013, 2:23:24 PM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Frank, note that 99% of our users will write "mybatis configuration"
in google and use the first result, maybe they hit the "I'm feeling
lucky".

That is what I usually do when searching for anything :)

So that tagged info in Github will be used by very few (unless google
carry them to it). And those few can already have a look at SVN.

Frank Martínez

Jan 31, 2013, 3:14:19 PM1/31/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Yes Edu, you are right!

Just a few inline clarifications are enough if apply ;)

Iwao AVE!

Jan 31, 2013, 9:57:58 PM1/31/13
to mybatis-user
I see what you meant, the localized versions.
I considered it as an alternative to the current PDF in a bundle, so it's still beneficial even if there are only English versions, but others may disagree on this.

Anyway, writing version numbers in the doc is definitely easier to start and it may work well if it did before.

Dridi Boukelmoune

Feb 1, 2013, 2:41:37 AM2/1/13
to mybati...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Even though I *do* agree there should be an online documentation for
every versions. It doesn't seem easy as of today since MyBatis 3.1.0
is the first version that got easy-to-publish HTML documentation. That
would automatically discard the 3.0 branch which had 6 releases
(biggest branch so far).

Best Regards,
Dridi