MLO Hotkeys v1.0 - AutoHotkey Scripts

Kudos

Jan 9, 2008, 8:27:15 PM1/9/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Hey everybody! I am very excited to be releasing my entire MLO Scripts
collection to be used with AutoHotkey.

You do not need any scripting experience to try it, as I've included a
compiled executable file. You will need autohotkey if you want to
change the keys though.

It contains these Hotkeys (keyboard shortcuts) and features:

Single shortcut to toggle MLO Open/Minimized [Win-C]
Rapid Task Entry Shortcut will open MLO if necessary [Win-N]
Toggle first Context On/Off [Ctrl-Q]
Toggle second Context On/Off [Ctrl-W]
Toggle third Context On/Off [Ctrl-E]
Complete a Task from the Reminders Window [Alt-Space]
Increase/Decrease Due Date for Recurring Tasks [Ctrl-Alt-+ Ctrl-Alt--]
Mark Task as Completed Yesterday [Alt-Space]
Make Any Task Due Today [Ctrl-D]
Make Any Task Due Tomorrow [Ctrl-E]
Make Any Task Due This Week [Ctrl-T]
Make Any Task Due This Month [Ctrl-G]

Toggle Outline Expanded/Collapsed (with exceptions) [Alt-Z]
Toggle Outline Expanded/Collapsed (First Level only) [Alt-X]

Synchronize a List of MLO files one after another [Alt-F9]
Synchronize a List of MLO files Automatically (With Timer)

Quicker choosing of parent in Rapid Task Entry [Alt-Shift]
Automatic Handling of MLO Confirmation Dialogs - press [Shift] to
bypass
Automatic Reloading of the Script when you make any change

Please change the below settings in MLO or you'll need to edit the
script to use your ones:
Shortcut to open MLO: Ctrl-Alt-C
Shortcut for Rapid Task Entry: Ctrl-Alt-N

Here's the download link:
http://www.autohotkey.net/~Kudos/MLO_Hotkeys.zip

I hope you ENJOY! :)

Jon / Kudos

Kudos

Jan 9, 2008, 8:54:30 PM1/9/08
to MyLifeOrganized
I forgot to say.. The Global hotkey(s) will only work if you change
the paths at the top of the script to your MLO file location!
You'll also need to enter a list of MLO file names if you want to use
the Multiple MLO File Sync hotkey or timer.

Kudos

Jan 10, 2008, 6:29:37 AM1/10/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Made some improvements.. please download again!

Rapid Task Entry [Win-N] now works better and as a toggle
Typing @ in Rapid Task Entry will now change the @ to "Context " - for
those of use who don't have @'s in our context names and still want to
parse the context in! ;-)

Luciano Passuello

Jan 10, 2008, 8:22:10 AM1/10/08
to myLifeO...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Kudos — terrific job! Thanks for putting this all in the same package!
Will be trying most of the shortcuts for the next few days.

Do you want to include it (or I can include it myself if you like) it in the
MLO Wiki? Or maybe, if you want a single download point, just create a page
there pointing to the official download...

Best Regards,

Luciano Passuello
http://litemind.com
~Exploring ways to use our minds efficiently.

Kudos

Jan 10, 2008, 9:34:44 AM1/10/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Luciano - thanks! :)

Happy for this to go on the MLO Wiki. Feel free to add it! Otherwise I
will do it when I get time.. Best to keep the single download point
though yes please!

Kudos

On Jan 10, 1:22 pm, "Luciano Passuello" <luci...@passuello.name>
wrote:
> Wow, Kudos -- terrific job! Thanks for putting this all in the same package!
> Will be trying most of the shortcuts for the next few days.
>
> Do you want to include it (or I can include it myself if you like) it in the
> MLO Wiki? Or maybe, if you want a single download point, just create a page
> there pointing to the official download...
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Luciano Passuellohttp://litemind.com
> ~Exploring ways to use our minds efficiently.

Luciano Passuello

Jan 10, 2008, 11:56:54 AM1/10/08
to myLifeO...@googlegroups.com
I created a basic Wiki page to host it. It's available via the MLO Hints and
Tips Page:
http://www.cunningham.me.uk/mlowiki/index.php?title=MLO_Hints_and_Tips.

The page is:
http://www.cunningham.me.uk/mlowiki/index.php?title=AutoHotKey_script_packag
e:_MLO_HotKeys_1.0

Thanks again, Kudos!

Kudos

Jan 10, 2008, 1:12:11 PM1/10/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Cool Luciano!

Although the second link you posted seemed to be broken:
http://www.cunningham.me.uk/mlowiki/index.php?title=AutoHotKey_script_package:_MLO_HotKeys_1.0

I've added another setting to the script.. ReturnToTheToDoList
So please grab it again!
Keep this on and after a hotkey runs MLO will show the ToDo List. Turn
it off and you should see the outline!

The settings are available from the right-click tray menu.

Kudos

On Jan 10, 4:56 pm, "Luciano Passuello" <luci...@passuello.name>
wrote:
> I created a basic Wiki page to host it. It's available via the MLO Hints and
> Tips Page:http://www.cunningham.me.uk/mlowiki/index.php?title=MLO_Hints_and_Tips.
>
> The page is:http://www.cunningham.me.uk/mlowiki/index.php?title=AutoHotKey_script...

Kudos

Jan 11, 2008, 5:33:23 AM1/11/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Released new version 1.1.

Some of the hotkeys were documented incorrectly. They should now be
right.

Please let me know how you are getting on with this? Had 14 downloads
but only Luciano has commented so far! :-)

Kudos

Steve Wynn

Jan 11, 2008, 6:23:16 AM1/11/08
to myLifeO...@googlegroups.com
Busy at the moment, but will check it out over weekend.

All the best

Steve

From: Kudos <jru...@gmail.com>
To: MyLifeOrganized <myLifeO...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [MLO] Re: MLO Hotkeys v1.0 - AutoHotkey Scripts

LondonTrader

Jan 12, 2008, 2:28:44 AM1/12/08
to MyLifeOrganized
This file is a great tutorial on AHK, as well as being very useful in
practice.

I am copying some of the routines to my own macro file, so it's a
really useful contribution for my MLO usage, thanks!

By the way I had an error message when I tried running it from the
MLO_Hotkeys application (Failed attempt to launch . . . message with
the path C;\Files\Data\MLO\MLO.ml), though I thought I'd changed the
path in the AHK file to my own.

> From: Kudos <jrum...@gmail.com>
> To: MyLifeOrganized <myLifeO...@googlegroups.com>

> Subject: [MLO] Re: MLO Hotkeys v1.0 - AutoHotkey Scripts
>

> >Please let me know how you are getting on with this?
>
> >Kudos

Kudos

Jan 12, 2008, 3:50:10 AM1/12/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Glad you like it LondonTrader! :)

Umm.. The MLO_Hotkeys.exe is just a compiled version of MLO.ahk
(renamed to avoid conflict with MLO.exe). So the MLO_hotkeys.exe was
hard coded with my file paths!

You just made me realise the file names/paths should be in the ini
file so I've just added them! (new version now online)

Please note if using auto-sync MLO (with timer) you still need to edit
the script and not use the exe because there is a sub routine with the
name of each MLO file.

Thanks!

Kudos
> > >Kudos- Hide quoted text -

LondonTrader

Jan 13, 2008, 2:24:47 AM1/13/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Thanks for that Kudos, I hadn't realised it was a compiled file!
Understood now!

I'll gradually be adding some of these scripts to my AHK file. I was
using "set date to tomorrow" yesterday to amend lists (I found a Sleep
1000 useful on my system after sending the initial Alt-D to go to the
date field).

I've also made a new one. I often copy and paste fragments of web
pages and emails to the Inbox for later processing. This requires four
keystrokes, so I made a macro called by Alt-Shift-M after the text is
highlighted (rather than the usual Ctrl-Shift-M). The Sleep value is
tuned to my PC.

;Paste highlighted text to Inbox
;Alt-Shift-M
!+m::
Send, ^c
Send, ^+m
Sleep, 750
Send, ^v
Send, !a
Return

Kudos

Jan 13, 2008, 4:13:49 AM1/13/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Great idea LondonTrader! Sorry.. I just couldn't help myself.. :p had
to steal the idea and improve it!

The script will copy highlighted text and create a new task under the
top of the outline using the highlighted text for the task name and
notes. It even works with whole webpages! :D

I've added it to my script under Ctrl-Win-C I really like this
one! :)

;Paste highlighted text to Inbox
;Alt-Win-C
PasteHighlightedText:
Clipboard =
WinGet, active_ID,ID, A
WinGetTitle, active_title, A
KeyWait, Alt
KeyWait, lWin
KeyWait, rWin
Send, ^c
ClipWait
Clipboard = %Clipboard% ; Convert to plain text.
Run, %MLOFile%
WinActivate, ahk_class TfrmMyLifeMain
WinWaitActive, ahk_class TfrmMyLifeMain,, 4
Send, !o{home}!{Insert} ;go to outline and create new task
Send, ^v!1^v!1 ;name the task and paste clipboard to notes
If (ReturnTo_ToDo = 1)
Send, !t
sleep, 1000
WinActivate, ahk_id %active_ID% ;return to the original window
Return

Kudos

Jan 13, 2008, 4:24:06 AM1/13/08
to MyLifeOrganized
Sorry it's in my script as Alt-Win-C not Ctrl-Win-C. Get the new
version guys because this one is really cool!

Btw, how about some stars on this thread..? :)