Eclipse plugin fails when trying to load self signed HTTPS tests

Mark Mandel

Apr 10, 2009, 9:16:37 PM4/10/09
to mxunit
Hi,

Hit a bit of a bug today.

I've got a development server, for which I created a self signed
certificate so I could run HTTPS on production.

I switched my RemoteFacade URL to point to:
https://railo:121/unittests/RemoteFacade.cfc

But I get the following error in the console:
Exception message trying to connect to url
http://railo:121/unittests/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl is: ; nested
exception is:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "HTML"
Exception message trying to connect to url
https://railo:121/unittests/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl is: ; nested
exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
Exception message trying to connect to url
https://railo:121/unittests/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl is: ; nested
exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

I can access the https://railo:121/unittests/RemoteFacade.cfc?wsdl
fine from the browser, but it may be because my browser has an
exception for the SSL certificate.

I'm running Apache, and am investigating ways I can turn off SSL
encryption for that folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

--
E: mark....@gmail.com
W: www.compoundtheory.com

Mark Mandel

Apr 10, 2009, 9:54:13 PM4/10/09
to mxunit
I found a solution to this issue, which is to add my self signed
certificate to Java's trusted cache.

I followed this guide:
http://wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence/display/WO/Web+Services-How+to+Trust+Any+SSL+Certificate

It may be worth writing up a quick page on the mxUnit documentation to
outline how to do this.

You guys may want to think about possibly implementing the code
provided, which relaxes the SSL security on the Java context, as a
core part of MXUnit.

Just a thought.

Mark