Table rendering, spurious <tr>

Bjoern

Aug 27, 2009, 8:43:17 AM8/27/09
to mwlib
Hi all,

There's an example for a table here:
http://www.sciencemedianetwork.org/wiki/Collection/tables

When this table is printed, spurious <tr> are inserted.

It has quite a large cell, which may be something to do with this
problem: When the cells are more reasonably sized, the problem doesn't
occur.

Would be great if somebody could have a look at this!
Bjoern

Volker Haas

Aug 27, 2009, 10:09:16 AM8/27/09
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bjoern

Bjoern wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There's an example for a table here:
> http://www.sciencemedianetwork.org/wiki/Collection/tables
>
> When this table is printed, spurious <tr> are inserted.
>
> It has quite a large cell, which may be something to do with this
> problem: When the cells are more reasonably sized, the problem doesn't
> occur.

Your assumption is correct. The "treecleaner" module tries to identify
problematic markup/nodes and converts them to something less problematic.

If you run mw-render with the debug option (when rendering PDFs) the
reports from the treecleaner module are printed:

mw-render -w rl -o test.pdf -c http://www.sciencemedianetwork.org/wiki_source -W debug 'Collection/tables'

output:

('transformSingleColTables', "'replaced single col table with div. div children:' [Node, Paragraph tagname='p', Div '': 7 children]")

('splitBigTableCells', "'replacing child' Row tagname='tr' [Row tagname='tr', Row tagname='tr', Row tagname='tr']")

The output is used for debugging purposes.

Regards,
Volker

--
volker haas brainbot technologies ag
fon +49 6131 2116394 boppstraße 64

Volker Haas

Aug 27, 2009, 10:34:29 AM8/27/09
to mw...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say that there was a bug concerning the cell borders.
Borders between the added rows are now suppressed - therefore the
rendered table should resemble the mediawiki result better. This was
done with
http://code.pediapress.com/git/?p=mwlib;a=commit;h=db4671588dd365460d6a1307fb2f3bff806dc285

Regards,
Volker

Bjoern

Aug 27, 2009, 1:55:34 PM8/27/09
to mwlib
Hi Volker,

thanks for fixing the bug with the extra cell borders - that was
exactly what I was after!!

I guess this will go live on the render server in a few days?

Thanks again!
Bjoern

On Aug 27, 3:34 pm, Volker Haas <volker.h...@brainbot.com> wrote:
> I forgot to say that there was a bug concerning the cell borders.
> Borders between the added rows are now suppressed - therefore the
> rendered table should resemble the mediawiki result better. This was
> done withhttp://code.pediapress.com/git/?p=mwlib;a=commit;h=db4671588dd365460d...
>
> Regards,
> Volker
>

> Bjoern wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > There's an example for a table here:
> >http://www.sciencemedianetwork.org/wiki/Collection/tables
>
> > When this table is printed, spurious <tr> are inserted.
>
> > It has quite a large cell, which may be something to do with this
> > problem: When the cells are more reasonably sized, the problem doesn't
> > occur.
>
> > Would be great if somebody could have a look at this!
> > Bjoern
>
> --
> volker haas                 brainbot technologies ag
> fon +49 6131 2116394        boppstraße 64
> fax +49 6131 2116392        55118 mainz
> volker.h...@brainbot.com    http://www.brainbot.com/

Volker Haas

Aug 28, 2009, 4:49:30 AM8/28/09
to mw...@googlegroups.com

Bjoern wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> thanks for fixing the bug with the extra cell borders - that was
> exactly what I was after!!
>
> I guess this will go live on the render server in a few days?

Hi Björn,
yes, we'll update the software in the next few days.

Regards,
Volker