Collection Extension with customized PDF

LK

Oct 10, 2008, 11:06:29 AM10/10/08
to mwlib
Hi,

I'm new to mwlib and MediaWiki Collection extension. I have been able
to generate PDFs and it works really great. Now I want to customize
the generated PDF by changing some configuration in Collection
Extension only. Something here as far as I understand. But the help
language given in the Help File of the extension is not very helpful
in getting this accomplished.

$wgPDFTemplateBlacklist = 'MediaWiki:PDF Template Blacklist';

With the little documentation I could find, I also tried changes here
(I'm not much familiar with Python but can sure play with it)

- customconfig.py
- pdfstyles.py
- pagetemplates.py

I could change some text in header but nothing appeared in footer.
Couldn't get much idea, how to add image in the header or footer.
(Sorry... for being so demanding).

I have already searched the group but couldn't find anything closer.

I'm looking forward for your helps guys. Let me know if you need any
more input here.

Thanks in advance

LK

Volker Haas

Oct 13, 2008, 8:37:16 AM10/13/08
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Hi

LK schrieb:
> - customconfig.py
> - pdfstyles.py
> - pagetemplates.py

You are correct, these are the files you need to alter if you want to
change the layout/styling of the pdf. And you are also correct that the
documentation on the customization is not great at the moment. If you
make any experiencing while customizing I'd be happy to incorporate them
in some helpfile - other users might benefit from that.

> I could change some text in header but nothing appeared in footer.
> Couldn't get much idea, how to add image in the header or footer.
> (Sorry... for being so demanding).

Take alook at the below thread for information about images in the
header/footer of the pdf.

I must admit though that the footer is not written at all anymore. Even
worse, the showPageFooter flag is still present in the pdfstyles.py
file. I'll add the footer again

http://groups.google.com/group/mwlib/browse_thread/thread/e43f65e2fafe4314/7a7374dddedcae98?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=image#7a7374dddedcae98

Regards,
Volker

--
volker haas brainbot technologies ag
fon +49 6131 2116394 boppstraße 64

Volker Haas

Oct 13, 2008, 8:40:54 AM10/13/08
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Volker Haas schrieb:

>> I could change some text in header but nothing appeared in footer.
>> Couldn't get much idea, how to add image in the header or footer.
>> (Sorry... for being so demanding).
>>

> Take alook at the below thread for information about images in the
> header/footer of the pdf.
>
> I must admit though that the footer is not written at all anymore. Even
> worse, the showPageFooter flag is still present in the pdfstyles.py
> file. I'll add the footer again

btw, I added a ticket for the issue above
http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/ticket/323

LK

Oct 13, 2008, 2:33:08 PM10/13/08
to mwlib
Thanks Volker for your response. While I await the footer patch, I'll
work on the header customization and will surely share my experience
with customization.

Thanks again.

LK

On Oct 13, 5:40 pm, Volker Haas <volker.h...@brainbot.com> wrote:
> Volker Haas schrieb:
>
> >> I could change some text in header but nothing appeared in footer.
> >> Couldn't get much idea, how to add image in the header or footer.
> >> (Sorry... for being so demanding).
>
> > Take alook at the below thread for information about images in the
> > header/footer of the pdf.
>
> > I must admit though that the footer is not written at all anymore. Even
> > worse, the showPageFooter flag is still present in the pdfstyles.py
> > file. I'll add the footer again
>
> btw, I added a ticket for the issue abovehttp://code.pediapress.com/wiki/ticket/323
>
> --
> volker haas                 brainbot technologies ag
> fon +49 6131 2116394        boppstraße 64
> fax +49 6131 2116392        55118 mainz
> volker.h...@brainbot.com    http://www.brainbot.com/

Volker Haas

Oct 14, 2008, 8:57:08 AM10/14/08
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the footer bug was fixed in the trunk version.

Regards,
Volker