Fatal Error after Installation

RoboViolet

Feb 1, 2011, 3:49:04 AM2/1/11
to mwlib
Gang,

After installing the extension and making the appropriate changes, I
received the following error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/ajwatts/public_html/
wiki/extensions/Collection/Collection.php on line 193

I then removed the extension and reinstalled it, but did not make
changes, and received the following error:

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /home/ajwatts/public_html/
wiki/extensions/Collection/Collection.php on line 192

The appropriate line in each case simply contains:

);

and everything is properly closed off.

So, the error is coming from the base file, and not something I am
doing. Anyone have any idea where I can go from here?

Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Henning Haida

Feb 15, 2011, 5:01:21 AM2/15/11
to mwlib
Hi,

I have the same problem. Into Mediawiki 1.16.2 I just checked out the
Extension Collection from svn. I checked php for curl support
(enabled) and added

require_once("$IP/extensions/Collection/Collection.php");
$wgEnableApi = true;

in my LocalSettings.php.

Then, no wiki pages are display, the error message is

Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /var/www/htdocs/w/extensions/
Collection/Collection.php on line 192

I found this message, http://osdir.com/ml/wikibugs-l/2011-01/msg03508.html,
is it related to this problem?

Any help is appreciated!
Regards
Henning

Johannes Beigel

Feb 21, 2011, 4:09:39 AM2/21/11
to mw...@googlegroups.com
On 15.02.2011, at 11:01, Henning Haida wrote:
> Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in /var/www/htdocs/w/extensions/
> Collection/Collection.php on line 192

Some seems to have broken the Collection extension for MediaWiki version < 1.17 by using the ResourceLoader feature. Could you downgrade the extension to r79875 and see if it works?

-- Johannes Beigel

Adrian J. Watts

Feb 21, 2011, 7:19:00 AM2/21/11
to mw...@googlegroups.com
Johannes,

I am not entirely sure how to do this - how would I checkout/where I can
find the version you noted?

Regards and thanks,
Adrian

--
-------------------
A NATION OF SHADOWS

---------------
Adrian J. Watts
---------------
e: ajw...@softpixels.net
m: 0406 709 804

b: http://jaeger.dreamwidth.net/
f: http://www.facebook.com/softpixels
w: http://www.night-jaeger.net/
t: http://twitter.com/AdrianJWatts/

Henning Haida

Feb 21, 2011, 10:28:20 AM2/21/11
to mwlib
On 21 Feb., 10:09, Johannes Beigel <johannes.bei...@brainbot.com>
wrote:
> Some seems to have broken the Collection extension for MediaWiki version < 1.17 by
> using the ResourceLoader feature. Could you downgrade the extension to r79875
> and see if it works?

Yes, thank you, it works now. (PDF export not testet yet, but the
extension is there, I can collect a book and the wiki is still
working).

One can install this version via shell command

svn co -r 79875 http://svn.wikimedia.org/svnroot/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/Collection/

Regards
Henning