Millennial Veteran Leadership Summit info

MVO President

Feb 17, 2010, 12:39:45 PM2/17/10
to mvob...@googlegroups.com, patric...@yahoo.com

Out of the 2 million men and women who have served our country in Iraq and Afghanistan, almost 1.26 million of them are Millennials just like you and me.

And just like you and me, these young men and women are concerned about their families and their friends. They are concerned about their future and they are searching for meaningful opportunities to continue their service when they return to their campuses and their communities.

That’s why, this April 1 - 3, Mobilize.org is proud to announce our Democracy 2.0 Awards Summit: Beyond the Welcome Home. During this time 100 Millennial veterans will meet to discuss and develop ideas that they believe will improve the way democracy works in their communities and in our country. And with the help of our partners, the Goldhirsh Foundation, MTV, ServiceNation: Mission Serve and the McCormick Foundation, we will invest up to $25,000 in these ideas to turn them into veteran-led on the ground solutions that will impact Millennial veterans and their civilian peers in the Millennials Generation.

If you are a Millennial Veteran we ask that you complete our application <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Mobilize.org/6d4f71f5c7/TEST/036a0ef19a/tray=content&tid=top501&cid=3IS22> to Beyond the Welcome Home, and if you know a Millennial veteran we ask that you share this email and encourage them to apply. The deadline to apply is February 19.

Last year, I read an interview with Mike Pereira <http://cts.vresp.com/c/?Mobilize.org/6d4f71f5c7/TEST/d7515c267a> , a 27 year-old veteran who shared why he’s chosen to serve. The final question asked Mike for the one thing he would say to the American public. His answer: “Don’t forget us. Veterans are not just a news headline. We’re an opportunity. We’re an undeniable asset.”

I couldn’t have summed it up better myself. As always, thank you for what you do.

Keep Mobilizin’,

Maya and the Mobilize.org team

here is also a link for a youtube video to help promote the event.

Thanks again!

-Patrick Ahrens

--
Will Hamilton