Working with Horn was Moving Source Code... AGAIN :)

Eric Hexter

Feb 25, 2010, 12:15:21 PM2/25/10
to mvccontri...@googlegroups.com, da...@davetheninja.net
Dave,

How can we make this easier on HORN, I am interested to learn :
1. What dependencies you build that mvccontrib relies on.
2. If you do not build our dependencies, could you pull our latest binaries from our build server?  We publish them with every checking and TeamCity supports anonymous dowloads of those build artifacts.
3. How do you see Horn keeping up with all of the OSS projects and what can we do as project owners to make this easier on you?

Eric Hexter

Director of OSS | Headspring | www.Headspring.com
email | ehe...@Headspring.com
blog | http://Hex.LosTechies.com
info | http://www.linkedin.com/in/erichexter

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:13 AM, David Lawton <da...@davetheninja.net> wrote:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Horn will not be pleased :-)

Dave the Ninja

On 25 February 2010 15:29, Jeremy Skinner <jer...@jeremyskinner.co.uk> wrote:
I spent a couple of days trying to get the hg-git plugin working but had very little success. It seems to be incredibly unstable under Windows.

The underlying python library used to access the git repos (dulwich) only works with unix-style path separators. I managed to patch this so it worked with windows, but then ran into several other issues:

1) hg-git crashes when it tries to import revision 100 from the mvccontrib github repo
2) Trying it on another repo and it crashes when trying to push/pull using ssh. Pulling via the git protocol worked without issues, but that is of limited usefulness as it's read only.

I don't know enough about python to diagnose these issues, but it looks like a dead end.

If anyone knows any other tools that perform the same job, please let me know as I would *really* like to keep the github project alive.

On 24 February 2010 23:19, Eric Hexter <eric....@gmail.com> wrote:

Jeremy looked at something, but if that has low friction that sounds great. I think we mayh have a problem because the hg git edxtension is not able to parse the full git commit logs.  Do you have personal experience with that tool?

Jeremy, you know this better than I do, what do you think.

--
Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project. Or go to http://mvccontrib.org

Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project. Or go to http://mvccontrib.org

Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project. Or go to http://mvccontrib.org

Contact Jeffrey Palermo or Eric Hexter with specific questions about the MvcContrib project. Or go to http://mvccontrib.org

"I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -- Charles Babbage