mupen64plus and Intel GMA X3100

gc1...@googlemail.com

Jun 24, 2008, 7:17:02 AM6/24/08
to mupen64plus
Hello everybody,

has anyone information about the performance of mupen64plus with the
Intel GMA X3100 (the graphic onboard accelerator that ships with the
chipset Intel GM965)?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Gianluca.

Richard Goedeken

Jun 24, 2008, 7:53:58 AM6/24/08
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Gianluca,

I have an aopen minipc with the intel x3100 adapter. It runs most/all of the
N64 games at full speed. The only problem is that the drivers are in a massive
state of flux right now. If you use the old (tagged) drivers, they have some
major bugs. If you use the newest (git tip) drivers, you have to compile your
own X server. If you're up to the task of building the drivers (its difficult
but not as bad as compiling X) I can give you the git hashes of the revisions
that I'm using.

Richard

ebenblues

Jun 24, 2008, 12:24:07 PM6/24/08
to mupen64plus
> major bugs. If you use the newest (git tip) drivers, you have to compile your
> own X server. If you're up to the task of building the drivers (its difficult
> but not as bad as compiling X) I can give you the git hashes of the revisions
> that I'm using.

While debugging my via chipset, I had to rebuild my X server and found
this website to be very helpful:

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git

I followed the instructions there and it was fairly painless. Didn't
end up fixing the bugs I was experiencing tho.

gc1...@googlemail.com

Jun 25, 2008, 7:03:20 AM6/25/08
to mupen64plus
Hello Richard,

...and LOL! That's exactly why I was asking.

I am planning to buy a AOpen MiniPC, which has the x3100. So your
advice is really precious.

I am not really scared to rebuild the X server, so now the only
problem is to find a reseller that actually has the little box in
stock...

here in UK it seems to be something really rare! :|

Thanks a lot,
Gianluca.

On Jun 24, 12:53 pm, Richard Goedeken

Richard Goedeken

Jun 25, 2008, 9:50:55 AM6/25/08
to mupen...@googlegroups.com
Gianluca,

I love my minipc MP965. It only consumes 21 watts at idle, and when one CPU
core is pegged about 40 watts. I put a T7500 CPU in it, which is the 2.2 GHz
Core 2 Duo mobile, so it's as powerful as most desktop PCs. Wireless KB/mouse,
wireless gamepads. It's a great HTPC box; I have it attached to a 32" CRT TV.

I bought it from amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RA6XT0

They have a separate UK site, but maybe they'll still sell it to you.

Richard