Next mumpy meet

girish nayak

Sep 9, 2009, 12:44:45 PM9/9/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com

It has been a very long time since the last LUG or mumpy meet. Is there a possibility of a mumpy meet this month. I am looking forward to it.

--
-With Regards
Girish Nayak

Baishampayan Ghose

Sep 10, 2009, 8:13:22 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
> It has been a very long time since the last LUG or mumpy meet. Is there a
> possibility of a mumpy meet this month. I am looking forward to it.

Let's do it.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose
b.ghose at gmail.com

Easwar Hariharan

Sep 10, 2009, 10:08:02 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Baishampayan Ghose <b.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It has been a very long time since the last LUG or mumpy meet. Is there a
>> possibility of a mumpy meet this month. I am looking forward to it.
>
> Let's do it.

Along with the GLUG-Bom meet tentatively scheduled for 16th Sept at
7pm at Sanjay's place at Khar[Camputer, host for the last meet too]?

Sanjay, is it more the merrier at your place?

Regards,
Easwar
Registered Linux user #442065

Sanjay Bhangar

Sep 10, 2009, 10:34:34 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:38 PM, Easwar Hariharan <meind...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Baishampayan Ghose <b.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It has been a very long time since the last LUG or mumpy meet. Is there a
>> possibility of a mumpy meet this month. I am looking forward to it.
>
> Let's do it.

Along with the GLUG-Bom meet tentatively scheduled for 16th Sept at
7pm at Sanjay's place at Khar[Camputer, host for the last meet too]?

and what i really want to do is meet to discuss things like your 'Welcome to a Limited 1984' post - especially if its considered 'OT' on LUG-BOM list would like to find / create forums where this is not OT, especially as it seems there is a very strong, quick move toward a surveillance society in India, which I think demands some discussion / response, especially from the free software community. Of course, I digress ..

Sanjay, is it more the merrier at your place?

Mostly, is fine - though im not a 100% sure how we plan on clubbing these two meets? Have them one after the other? Or just an ILUG meet that discusses mostly Python? If there are too many people, we may have to move to the terrace (assuming no rain), which might mean we can't really use projector, but im sure a bunch've hackers will figure out how to meet productively given a few constraints :P .

More the merrier then I guess - just not sure how we plan to club these two things ..

Lemme know - until the end of this month the space is relatively freer and it should also be okay to have another meeting at another time - whatever is convenient for people.

-Sanjay

Mehul Ved

Sep 10, 2009, 10:48:29 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:04 PM, Sanjay Bhangar <sanjay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> and what i really want to do is meet to discuss things like your 'Welcome to
> a Limited 1984' post - especially if its considered 'OT' on LUG-BOM list
> would like to find / create forums where this is not OT, especially as it
> seems there is a very strong, quick move toward a surveillance society in
> India, which I think demands some discussion / response, especially from the
> free software community. Of course, I digress ..
<snip>

> Mostly, is fine - though im not a 100% sure how we plan on clubbing these
> two meets? Have them one after the other? Or just an ILUG meet that
> discusses mostly Python?

Let's have a LUG + Mumpy meet clubbed up then. And I guess we could
ask kenneth to take up something on python as he is involved with
python. Maybe some discussion on upcoming inpycon could be added to
the meet too.

> If there are too many people, we may have to move
> to the terrace (assuming no rain), which might mean we can't really use
> projector, but im sure a bunch've hackers will figure out how to meet
> productively given a few constraints :P .

For the "move towards surveillance society" and inpycon discussions we
don't need a projector. Maybe have a session on DJango in the end. So,
those interested can stay back so we can fit in the room and use the
projector.

> More the merrier then I guess - just not sure how we plan to club these two
> things ..

Just keep the python part in the beginning or at the end so those not
interested can come late/leave early. Thus, we can have manageable
numbers when indoors. Does that sound fine?

Sanjay Bhangar

Sep 10, 2009, 10:50:26 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com

Sounds fine to me. Um, someone should let the ILUG-BOM list know about this plan? :)

-Sanjay

Sanjay Bhangar

Sep 10, 2009, 10:54:21 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
as an addendum, I think since Kenneth started the meetup plan, ideally he should decide whether we should club these two or not - not 100% sure if everyone will be happy with the clubbing - also its a weekday, so will everyone be able to come? I would actually like to get some more consensus on this before proposing a joint meeting.. +1s, -1s to the clubbing plan .. ?

-Sanjay

Mehul Ved

Sep 10, 2009, 10:56:05 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Sanjay Bhangar <sanjay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds fine to me. Um, someone should let the ILUG-BOM list know about this
> plan? :)

me?

Aamod Nerurkar

Sep 10, 2009, 11:00:31 AM9/10/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

#mumpy on freenode can be a nicer place for the discussion regarding the meetup-plans.. :-)

See you there..

:Aamod

ankur

Oct 5, 2009, 3:15:21 AM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Aamod Nerurkar <aamod.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
Folks,

#mumpy on freenode can be a nicer place for the discussion regarding the meetup-plans.. :-)

See you there..

Hey team,

What about a small meet-up of #mumpy at BCM6. [ http://bcm6.eventbrite.com/ ]

-=-=
ankur.
http://ullu.wordpress.com/

Mehul Ved

Oct 5, 2009, 3:43:31 AM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM, ankur <ganu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey team,
>
> What about a small meet-up of #mumpy at BCM6. [ http://bcm6.eventbrite.com/
> ]

We can have BoF session on python.

Shirish Padalkar

Oct 5, 2009, 1:11:18 PM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
Isn't Barcamp for general meetup? And you want to have special meetup in barcamp ( Hijacking)? ;)

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM, ankur <ganu...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
_____ S H I R I S H _____

Aditya Sengupta

Oct 5, 2009, 1:25:38 PM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
The whole point of a Barcamp is to enable people to talk about anything they like- no walls/borders. People attend if they feel the topic is interesting- so as such, there is no "hijack" happening. Besides, being a BoF session, it might not necessarily happen in any of the halls where the main sessions are going on. I think it's a good idea- however, if the topic is a general one- there is absolutely no reason why it can't/shouldn't be held in one of the main halls. If it's specialized, a BoF session is fitting- I think whoever's taking the session can decide what's appropriate.

Shirish Padalkar

Oct 5, 2009, 1:35:31 PM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
hmm... Good then.. :)

Mehul Ved

Oct 5, 2009, 2:42:38 PM10/5/09
to mu...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Aditya Sengupta <apsen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it's a good idea- however, if the topic is a general one-
> there is absolutely no reason why it can't/shouldn't be held in one of the
> main halls. If it's specialized, a BoF session is fitting- I think whoever's
> taking the session can decide what's appropriate.

I was talking about having mumpy meeting as a BoF. We do have python
sessions being taken by a few of our colleagues on this list. They are
very much a part of the main session.
But, besides that we can have a BoF where we can discuss python in
general and share gyaan, code, project, etc.