Waiting for all requests to complete

Rahul Ravikumar

Nov 10, 2011, 12:26:38 AM11/10/11
to multi-mechanize
Hi,

I am using multi-mechanize on Mac OS X, and sometimes multi-
mechanize.py is stuck in a state where its forever "waiting for
requests to complete". Are there any ways to fix this ?

--
Rahul

mrkschan

Mar 14, 2012, 7:43:21 AM3/14/12
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, i encountered the same issue. I have a workaround on this ...

Since multimech-run would try to wait all threads of a user-group (a sub-process) to finish, that may make you feel it's hanged.

The workaround is ... Configure each user-group to have 1 thread only. And, create 1000 of user-groups to simulate 1k concurrent access to your test script.

mrkschan

Mar 14, 2012, 9:20:02 AM3/14/12
to multi-m...@googlegroups.com
I now have a workaround that can use threads....

Use urllib2 and assign a timeout to any connection.