PHP 5.3 update now that 5.3.2 has been released

1 view

Sean McAfee

Mar 8, 2010, 11:12:44 AM3/8/10
Alex,

You previously announced that you would cut-over the ports tree from PHP
5.2 to 5.3 once PHP 5.3.2 was released.

I just noticed that 5.3.2 was finally released on Thursday (3/4).

Are you still planning on cutting the ports tree over? If so, do you
have a rough time-frame?

Disclaimer: I'm not concerned that it's taking too long or anything, I'm
just trying to finalize some internal releng planning and knowing the
ports tree's schedule will help out mine.

If you need another round of patches for testing, I'm in.

Thanks!

--
Sean McAfee
Senior Systems Engineer

Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-...@muc.de

Alex Dupre

Mar 8, 2010, 11:38:41 AM3/8/10
Sean McAfee ha scritto:

> You previously announced that you would cut-over the ports tree from PHP
> 5.2 to 5.3 once PHP 5.3.2 was released.
>
> I just noticed that 5.3.2 was finally released on Thursday (3/4).
>
> Are you still planning on cutting the ports tree over? If so, do you
> have a rough time-frame?

Yes, this is still the plan. I have the update to 5.3.2 ready in my
local repo, I'm just waiting for ports freeze end.

--
Alex Dupre

Olivier Mueller

Mar 8, 2010, 2:46:04 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 17:38 +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
> Sean McAfee ha scritto:

> > I just noticed that 5.3.2 was finally released on Thursday (3/4).
> >
> > Are you still planning on cutting the ports tree over? If so, do you
> > have a rough time-frame?
>
> Yes, this is still the plan. I have the update to 5.3.2 ready in my
> local repo, I'm just waiting for ports freeze end.

Ok, this is going to be interesting :-) And what are the plans about
5.2.13 (25.Feb.10) : will this version just be "skipped", or will there
first be a (last) 5.2.x update, and then the jump to 5.3.0 ?

Regards & a nice week to all of you,
Olivier

Olivier Mueller

Mar 8, 2010, 2:51:45 PM3/8/10
On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 20:46 +0100, Olivier Mueller wrote:
> Ok, this is going to be interesting :-) And what are the plans about
> 5.2.13 (25.Feb.10) : will this version just be "skipped", or will there
> first be a (last) 5.2.x update, and then the jump to 5.3.0 ?

Self-answer, sorry, I should have checked the PR-database _before_
hitting the send button: the patch for 5.3.13 is there
( http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/144475 ). But the
question remains (next update -> 5.2.13 or 5.3.2?).

regards, Olivier