Please submit your app information

Kaufman, Sarah

Apr 25, 2011, 4:19:34 PM4/25/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Developers,

We are thrilled to announce that MTA.info will soon feature an MTA App Center. The Center’s purpose is to showcase the great apps you have built for MTA customers and make them easier to locate.

To be included in the launch of the App Center, please email Sarah....@nyct.com with the following information about your app:

App Title:

Developer Name/Company Name:

One-sentence app description:

What MTA services your app covers (e.g. Metro North, LIRR, Subways, Bus):

Platform (e.g. Web, iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, IVR, SMS, etc):

Cost:

An image of 150 * 250

Link to the application

What feeds you’re using (e.g. bus schedules, service alerts, elevator/escalator feed):

The link to the application should be to a customer-focused page where people can either purchase/use the app or easily figure out how to purchase/use the app (such as your website or the iTunes store).

Please submit your information by Friday, April 29th; any submittals received after that date will be posted in the next round of updates.

Hopefully this gallery will help us to dramatically increase MTA customer awareness of all the apps you have built!

Please feel free to email us with any questions, and be sure to share this email with any developers outside of this list.

Thank you,

Sarah Kaufman

MTA Developer Liaison

SARAH M. KAUFMAN
MTA New York City Transit

Projects Coordinator, Emerging and Intelligent Transportation Systems

2 Broadway 7th Floor New York, NY 10004 www.mta.info/nyct
sarah....@nyct.com twitter.com/NYCTSubwayScoop

w. 646.252.5485 f. 646.252.4911

Michael B. Justice

Apr 25, 2011, 4:58:26 PM4/25/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
How often will the "MTA App Center" be updated?

MJ

Wayne

Apr 25, 2011, 9:17:20 PM4/25/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah,

GREAT idea!

One question on the image. Are you looking for a logo, icon, screenshot, or something else?

I only ask because you may have already thought about a theme, as in, you want the icons versus screenshots to avoid a collage of images. Also, for the links to iTunes, Apple prefers the use of their standard, black, logo.

Thank you.

Wayne

Kaufman, Sarah

Apr 26, 2011, 10:01:12 AM4/26/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

We’re still ironing out the details on that. The first update will probably follow the launch by a few weeks.

Kaufman, Sarah

Apr 26, 2011, 10:02:27 AM4/26/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Wayne,

We’d prefer a screenshot of the app. Thanks for checking.

Sarah

Apr 27, 2011, 6:10:26 AM4/27/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
I would say both. There is no need to reinvent the way people are used to seeing app descriptions. The app stores for iPhone,Android or Blackberry do a good job on their UI and we should make use of their usability.

If we have a listing of the apps in iconic form and we are spotlighting a couple of apps, the screenshots can be used for the spotlight. The link, whether the icon or screenshot, should take them to the developers website or the respective store, developers choice here.

/2cents

I think this is great that we are doing this by the way.
Message has been deleted

Kaufman, Sarah

Apr 28, 2011, 1:29:00 PM4/28/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Developers,

Just a reminder – please submit your app info by COB tomorrow. Thanks!

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Sarah

Ken Anderson

Apr 28, 2011, 1:44:58 PM4/28/11
to mtadevelop...@googlegroups.com
Sarah,

Just one question - will the "App of the week" on the current home page change each week (as one might expect) ?

Ken
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Aaron Donovan